Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    iggyman555 Guest

Re: Brian Billick - "The probem with Mike Preston is that he pretends he knows football"

ahahahahahaha preston is a joke
    donut man

2. Re: Brian Billick - "The probem with Mike Preston is that he pretends he knows football"

Here is the interview, vintage Billick!

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/0...illick-live-6/

Re: Brian Billick - "The probem with Mike Preston is that he pretends he knows football"

But but but he played football for Towson State ....

That means he's smart about football, right?

Good for Billick. Preston is still jealous of anyone who played or coached football because he couldn't. I haven't read his column for YEARS. If you ever met him he is an arrogant bitter, know it all.

One thing I just dont understand is why Billick is overlooked but Jeff Fisher universally lauded as a great coach. Fisher is 142 -120... nothing special. 5-6 in playoffs.. And shit the bed twice against us when they were the #1 seed... Pretty poor, I'd say. I guess Jeff didn't come in as a proclaimed 'offensive' or 'defensive' genius and fail like many coaches do in their expert department, thus the negative slant they get pegged with. I'd say that Jeff Fisher should get tagged as a playoff underachiever. Well whatever.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    One thing I just dont understand is why Billick is overlooked but Jeff Fisher universally lauded as a great coach. Fisher is 142 -120... nothing special. 5-6 in playoffs.. And shit bed twice against us when they were the #1 seed... Pretty poor, I'd say. I guess Jeff didn't come in as a proclaimed 'offensive' or 'defensive' genius and fail like many coaches do in their expert department, thus the negative slant they get pegged with. I'd say that Jeff Fisher should get tagged as a playoff underachiever. Well whatever.

Billick never proclamied he was. The Media did.

I know... That's why I didnt say SELF-proclaimed.

I give Billick a ton of credit for winning a SuperBowl with going against every offensive principle he believed in. Not too many 'offensive' geniuses would have ran that ball control, safe scheme. Actually, he proved he was a 'Genius'... He realized that the passing game was so pisspoor that there wasnt any set of plays/concepts in his Vikings scheme that would fix it, so he went with what would work.

It's the "making up" part that made me quit reading him years ago. If he didn't straight up lie he twisted the truth.
    Can't stand that behavior in a person, especially if it's constant.

I think it's pretty well known that a lot of media nationally do not like the Ravens. Preston doesn't either. He almost always has a negative slant. The national media loves it and that's why he picks up these awards.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

Check out who preston picked to win in wild card weekend. His picks were wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Here is the interview, vintage Billick!

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/0...illick-live-6/
    Nice Interview, thanks for sharing. Why Billick isn't a HC again is a mystery to me. Certainly he's as knowledgeable about the game as most HCs that have a job. I just don't get it, I guess. I want to think that perhaps he doesn't want to HC again and that's why. Otherwise, there's a boatload of dumbass owners and GM's out there that can't see how Billick could help their organization. JMHO.

Recently I remember hearing it mused out loud that Billick intimidates folks because his football intelligence is interpreted as arrogance.

I think he deserves another shot as a HC, certainly more than Jeff Fisher. I still can't figure out why everyone is slobbering over him...

Blog Entries

Originally Posted by mindless lemming
    Preston retorted that in reality basketball is his game, and he has forgotten more about it than Billick will ever know....

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Like how to run...jump...or do anything active?
    C'mon wicked, he did win the "donut dunking contest" 11 years in a row... Bc