Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Houston game fan check in/10 rules of engagement

I will be in 528, row 12. Getting shit pumped, every down and every snap the Texans are on defense. Anyone else who is going needs to do the same.

Some general advisements...

1. LEAVE THE TAILGATE EARLY. If I see a half full stadium with Johnny come latelies strolling in at 12:50 I am going to be pissed. Upper deck seats leave at 12:10, lower deck can get away with about 12:20. Right around 12pm I am checking the time every minute, and if nothing much is going on I am out early.

2. EVERY defensive down noise needs to be made. LOTS of it. 1st, 2nd 3rd 4th doesn't matter. This kid at QB should be deaf by the end of the game, and not one person should have a voice until weds/thurs of next week. Make it happen. Every voice counts.

3. Time your bathroom breaks wisely. You are not allowed to go when we are on defense. If you follow rule #1 you should have no problem relieving yourself before the game. If we are on defense, hold it. Period.

4. Halftime is not an hour long, get back in your seats. If the Ravens get the ball to start the 3rd, you get a 5 minute extension, that is it. If the Texans have the ball you should not leave your seat at all.

5. Don't smoke them if you got em'. I know a few people who miss entire quarters doing this, don't be one of them. You could be shunned.

6. If anyone around you is being a stick in the mud, leave them no choice but to join in the fun. I have one who sits directly behind me but I just ignore him. He sits with his little blankey all wrapped up nice and tight and you never hear a peep out of him. Make these people aware of your disdain for their lack of enthusiasm.

7. Eat before you come in, you can make it 3 hours really you can. Yet another reason to not be in your seat for an extended period of time, unacceptable. Who wants to pay $10 for a hot dog and soda anyway?

8. Do not under any circumstance text security like a little girl for someone making too much noise or standing up. This hurts morale and causes division within the ranks, a terrible situation and one we don't want to have to deal with. Talk to them like a man(or woman) and politely voice your concerns.

9. Take your damn hat off and stand up for the national anthem. Do I really need to say more? Is an announcement over the loudspeaker not good enough for you?

10. Don't get arrested. I tell myself this before every game just to make sure things don't get out of hand. It is no fun celebrating a win from the bullpen in Central Booking with assorted crackheads, junkies and other nefarious individuals.

Follow those rules and you should have a great day and make your fellow Raven fans happy in the process!
    Last edited by 52decleetzu; 01-09-2012 at 10:32 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: Houston game fan check in/10 rules of engagement

:word

you forgot one thing...

"Have fun, root hard, show respect for the fans around you, but don’t be a jerk!"
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    10. Don't get arrested. I tell myself this before every game just to make sure things don't get out of hand. It is no fun celebrating a win from the bullpen in Central Booking with assorted crackheads, junkies and other nefarious individuals.
    Experience with this?

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Experience with this?
    Fortunately not, but the idea has crossed my mind of how much it would suck to be in that circumstance.

The place will be pumped, no need to worry. Baltimore is frothing at the mouth for a home playoff game. It probably only takes 60% of the stadium to get loud to make that place rock. Those 60%+ will be ready. My job requires me to talkand I have learned over the years that it is really hard to function on Monday without a voice. I fully enjoyed the Thanksgiving game and the Xmas Eve game knowing that I didn't have to work the next day. I have also learned over the years how to "warm" my throat up so I wouldn't lose it so quickly. Sounds kinda dumb I am sure but the bottom line here is I don't care about the Following Monday this week, home playoff games are rare events. We need to get it on.

Best time to hit the head is when exactly at the point the opposing team's punter hits the field.

Wear your jersey and gear with pride

But if you have one of these blue jerseys please consider getting something else.
    Yes money is tight for people but there is quality gear out there online. Tony even has sponsors here that sell gear

The blue jerseys are like beacons in a sea of purple, they stand out a mile on TV and it looks pretty ridiculous

Maybe I'm alone in this, I doubt it though

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I have also learned over the years how to "warm" my throat up so I wouldn't lose it so quickly.
    I need to learn how to do this. Do tell.

Best time to hit the head is when exactly at the point the opposing team's punter hits the field
    Exactly, if you pick your spots you can get in and out with NO LINE. Like 2 minutes get in and get out. You just have to know when to do it. Most people don't they all just crash down at the end of quarters and halves and then wonder why they are standing in the concourse for a half hour. Right after they score is a good time too, you have a commercial/kickoff/commercial that give you a window where you won't miss much.

Now they won't be scoring a lot but a couple FG's is all you need.
    Last edited by 52decleetzu; 01-09-2012 at 11:18 PM.

I'm with you 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post

But if you have one of these blue jerseys please consider getting something else.
    Yes money is tight for people but there is quality gear out there online. Tony even has sponsors here that sell gear

The blue jerseys are like beacons in a sea of purple, they stand out a mile on TV and it looks pretty ridiculous

Nope.

But I can't fault anyone for trying to save money though in this economy.

It is better than no jersey at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post

I'm with you.

Can't stand those blue faux-thentics. They are not even close in color.

Do not get taken out of the game. If Flacco throws a pick, or somebody puts it on the ground, that doesnt mean it's time to sit down and bitch and moan about this or that. If anything it's more of a reason to get LOUDER!!!! Too many times I see people give up and resort to pouting if anything goes wrong. Leave your negative energy at home!!Support your team and your city, it's the playoffs

11. DON'T BOO THE HOME TEAM IF THINGS DON'T GO OUR WAY IN THE 1ST HALF!!! Talk about being a jerk.

And here comes the "Freedom Of Speech" counter argument. 3 - 2 - 1...