Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Hypothetical question - Denver vs. Ravens

Let's say Denver wins Saturday and the Ravens win Sunday. If you are Pagano how do you gameplan for Tebow? If you pass rush him he'll take off. You've got to be able to cover the deep threat, the option and a QB run all at the same time. How should the Ravens play it? When they just had to worry about Rivers throwing, they couldn't stop him, granted it was without Webb.

Blog Entries

Re: Hypothetical question - Denver vs. Ravens

No more than 8 in the box, zone behind it. Pitt tried to play man with no safety help and the rest is history. You can play man press but you have to have a deep safety in the middle of the field IMO.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

the advantage the Ravens have if/when they face the Broncos is this--- Tebow is an inaccurate version of BR....they are used to playing a large, mobile QB who can throw on the run or just run....

stopping the Denver version of the option requires a significant amount of discipline.....One of the things that Steelers kept doing yesterday was biting on the dive part of the option...I counted at least 5 times where Harrison got sucked inside by wanting to hit McGahee rather than set the edge....I think JJ can maintain that discipline..I think Suggs is going to spend as much time in Denver's backfield as their backs....

Ed Reed cannot under any circumstances play the run...leave that up to Pollard....I think doubling Thomas and leaving Webb to cover Royal is a good plan....

Containment is key. Suggs can't over pursue. Tebow can find the mismatch in man coverage, but struggles against zone. The front 7 would be able to handle McGahee and limit Tebow. If nessessary bring Pollard in the box occasionally. And mix in some zone blitzes.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Ravens Dline is also much better; Pitt has injury issues and with their safety being out, Hair's gambles weren't covered.

If you watch that OT play, you can see all 11 guys on the line, then the corners shadow the receiver but there is no safety deep so when he catches it ... ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Well I hope it is denver cause that means the game will be played in baltimore.

Tebow does present a problem in that you have to contain him while playing tight coverage down field. I'm sure pagano will dial something up but I wouldn't expect to see him turn the dogs loose on every down.

I think the Ravens are one of the few teams that doesn't have to change much to contain Tebow. The key is backside contain which the Ravens are very good at. Ed Reed would need to stay behind the receivers to take away the long pass. Oh yea, attend church that morning and make sure you're leading by 4 touchdowns in the 4th quarter. lol

Blog Entries

Ravens would be at full strength. injury bug bit the steelers a little too hard this year. Tebows won't make it past foxboro.

Jimmy on Thomas as he is big and physical, Webb on the speedster Royal
    Williams can double as needed

Keep Ed Reed back to do his thing, Pollard up at the line
    Suggs and JJ out wide and they must stay disciplined

Ruki and Chris Carr to work the middle but mix them up and keep them guessing

If Denver wins in New England I will be too busy stockpiling for the apocalypse to come up with a good game plan.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

Personally I love Tebow. Although he had great numbers against the steelers, i'm not sold. I will guarantee you he will not average 31.6 per completion against us. Even with that they were a 500 team during the season and one game doesn't all the sudden make them the 72 Dolphins. If the steelers would of just played a standard defense they would of won the game. The Ravens should let their defense do what it does. Thomas had 1 good game and all the sudden he's Jerry Rice? Who knew anything about him till last night? If we changed our defense to try to do something we don't do, we would be doing our self a disservice. Just play Raven football in our house and I would predict a blow out. With that being said we will be heading to NE so it won't matter.

Last week I heard an analyst on the NFL channel on SiriusXM say that Denver had 0% chance of winning against Pittsburgh. With Tebow running the option, liking to throw a deep ball and keeping a good defense like Pittsburgh guessing, I would not be so quick to dismiss them in NE.