Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Re: Suggs needs to shut his pie hole about Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Tebow has the one stat that many stat-followers tend to ignore: wins. Johnny Unitas was arguably the greatest QB to play in the NFL. Care to guess what his lifetime passer rating was?

It's a shame that some football fans can't kick back and enjoy the ride. Tebow's magical success has been is one of the most interesting sports stories in years.
    We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

With Tebow as QB they won exactly zero games against teams that finished with a winning record in the regular season. In fact the beat a team with a winning record only one time the entire season and that was the Bengals in week 2.

What ride is it i am supposed to be enjoying? The media slobbering all over a QB who is getting more credit for winning than he deserves while others get zero recognition for what they have done? The media acts as though TT was the only one on the field in the games they won. He caught his own passes (the ones that were catchable) and played defense as well.

I said he had a good game against the Steelers. I also pointed out the Steelers were decimated with injuries. Tebow against a fully healthy Steelers team has a different outcome i think. Pittsburgh shot themselves in the foot trying to get a number 1 or 2 seed by playing all the guys who should have been resting for 3 weeks.

I'd LOVE for the Ravens to get a crack at the Broncos and Tebow in the AFCC game.

Since we didn't get to crack on the Squeelers again this postseason, I'd LOVE for our defense to have a shot at beating the team & QB that beat them.

Show 'em how it's done.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ]<ing View Post
    I'd LOVE for the Ravens to get a crack at the Broncos and Tebow in the AFCC game.

Since we didn't get to crack on the Squeelers again this postseason, I'd LOVE for our defense to have a shot at beating the team & QB that beat them.

Show 'em how it's done.
    Same here, it would be aweome and it would be in Charm City.

The first Pats/Broncos game, Denver rushed for around 150 and a few scores before halftime. Then the turnovers hit. If they can avoid the turnovers this game they have a shot IMO.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by ]<ing View Post

Show 'em how it's done.
    I'm not too sure Broncos would have won if they played at Heinz field. So to say "show 'em how it's done" would mean that the Ravens would need to beat them at Mile High. You know darn well the Stooler fans will use that as the reason if Ravens were to play the Broncos and win in the championship game. After of course they spew off all the injuries....
    Last edited by nickh0801; 01-12-2012 at 12:52 PM. Reason: typo

Re: Tebow just wins...

Tebow is 8-4. There are three QBs still in the playoffs with a better winning percentage than Tebow has. Brady, Rodgers and Flacco.

Tebow is 1-2 vs. playoff teams. The one he beat was in OT against a ridiculously injured team. Yes, credit for that win. He also got killed by the two other ones.

Hey, I hope he wins and we get to host him. But people should stop pretending the guy is something he's not.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens825 View Post
    We will have to agree to disagree on this one.

With Tebow as QB they won exactly zero games against teams that finished with a winning record in the regular season. In fact the beat a team with a winning record only one time the entire season and that was the Bengals in week 2.

What ride is it i am supposed to be enjoying? The media slobbering all over a QB who is getting more credit for winning than he deserves while others get zero recognition for what they have done? The media acts as though TT was the only one on the field in the games they won. He caught his own passes (the ones that were catchable) and played defense as well.

I said he had a good game against the Steelers. I also pointed out the Steelers were decimated with injuries. Tebow against a fully healthy Steelers team has a different outcome i think. Pittsburgh shot themselves in the foot trying to get a number 1 or 2 seed by playing all the guys who should have been resting for 3 weeks.
    The Patriots with Tom Brady as quarterback did not beat a single team that finished the season with a winning record

Quote Originally Posted by Brick View Post
    The Patriots with Tom Brady as quarterback did not beat a single team that finished the season with a winning record
    Please tell me you aren't comparing Tebow to Brady.

Not yet. But by the metric you chose to measure one of them by, the other was worse.

9. Re: Suggs needs to shut his pie hole about Tebow

Isn't it ironic that Tom Brady and the Patriots haven't won a playoff game since they were caught cheating??

Quote Originally Posted by Tspot-D-Ravenator View Post
    Isn't it ironic that Tom Brady and the Patriots haven't won a playoff game since they were caught cheating??
    They got caught in September of 2007. They went undefeated the rest of the year, winning two playoff games.

11. Re: Suggs needs to shut his pie hole about Tebow

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    They got caught in September of 2007. They went undefeated the rest of the year, winning two playoff games.
    Sorry I didn't make it clear enough, I am talking about the year after they were caught. My bad

Blog Entries

I can tell you one thing, the TV rating that was broken last week will be smashed this week when gods little ponies play the Pats in primetime.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!