Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Re: Hines Ward to Retire

Quote Originally Posted by fma780 View Post
    I'm not sure why everybody is talking about how the Steelers need to reconstruct and get rid of some of their players. They still went 12-4, which is pretty damn good especially with a beat up Rothlesberger. I hate the Steelers as much as anybody else but it seems to be absurd that everybody is talking like they suck and need to overhaul the entire team. I dunno. They fell in the first playoff game to a weaker opponent. Just as the Saints did to the Seahawks last post season. It's the NFL, suprises happen. I'm not sure what the big deal is. 12-4 is a great record still.
    I think the Steelers and Bengals losing in the first round just show what an easy schedule the AFCN had this season. If the Ravens didn't lose to the bottom feeders, they would have finished 14-2. We swept the division because we are really that much better than the both of them.

I'm not sure why everybody is talking about how the Steelers need to reconstruct and get rid of some of their players.
    Then you aren't paying attention. Everybody is talking about that because the Steelers are in a crappy salary cap situation.

I'm not sure why everybody is talking about how the Steelers need to reconstruct and get rid of some of their players. They still went 12-4, which is pretty damn good especially with a beat up Rothlesberger. I hate the Steelers as much as anybody else but it seems to be absurd that everybody is talking like they suck and need to overhaul the entire team. I dunno. They fell in the first playoff game to a weaker opponent. Just as the Saints did to the Seahawks last post season. It's the NFL, suprises happen. I'm not sure what the big deal is. 12-4 is a great record still.
    Read this.

http://ravens24x7.com/forum/showthre...plete-disaster

. If he played for your team you would love having him. Rarely if ever took a play off. Always went over the middle with courage. One of the best blocking receivers in the league. Consummate team player. Great attitude and always involved with local charities. Always available to sign an autograph. He will be missed when he does retire. Will be remembered as one of the best Steeler players ever to play wide receiver.

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    He's scheduled to make $4Mil next season (and in 2013). With the cap issues the Steelers have, and the development of Wallace, Brown and Sanders, I'll be very suprised if Pgh is willing to bring him back for anything more than the veteran minimum ($910,000) to be the #4 WR. This is going to get interesting.

Quote Originally Posted by footballfan View Post
    . If he played for your team you would love having him. Rarely if ever took a play off. Always went over the middle with courage. One of the best blocking receivers in the league. Consummate team player. Great attitude and always involved with local charities. Always available to sign an autograph. He will be missed when he does retire. Will be remembered as one of the best Steeler players ever to play wide receiver.

So? If Ray Lewis had played his career as a Steeler rather than a Raven, you guys would love him every bit as much as we do, and for all the same reasons you mentioned - but good luck finding the Steelers fan who will admit that.

It's a rivalry my friend - we aren't supposed to like each other's players.
    Last edited by MarkS; 01-10-2012 at 12:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I really hope Ward does not retire in 2012. That would be one of 53 who would be close to useless on the Steelers roster... Bc
    Even if the team wasn't in cap trouble, his contract doesn't justify being their #5 or #6 receiver. Retirement is a more dignified way of acknowledging that you probably have no place on next year's roster even with a big pay cut. If he really wants to, I guess, he could play one more year for a team like St. Louis that's dumb enough to waste a spot on him.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by dreamjo View Post
    Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Cotchery all ahead of him. And he doesn't play special teams coverage.
    Due four million this year

Not a chance the Steelers will bring him back and I doubt any team would sign him. TO is a more attractive FA prospect then Ward even with his injury and this season off

If he wants to come back I don't know what he is expecting.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    So? If Ray Lewis had played his career as a Steeler rather than a Raven, you guys would love him every bit as much as we do, and for all the same reasons you mentioned - but good luck finding the Steelers fan who will admit that.

It's a rivalry my friend - we aren't supposed to like each other's players.
    I am a fan of the game of football. Ray Lewis happens to be my favorite Ravens player, followed by Suggs and Ray Rice. Would love to have anyone of those guys suit up for the Steelers.

Understand the rivalry. But to be honest I will be rooting for the Ravens to win it all now that the Steelers are out. I guess its an AFC North thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Wallace, Brown, Sanders and Cotchery all ahead of him. And he doesn't play special teams coverage.
    Due four million this year

Not a chance the Steelers will bring him back and I doubt any team would sign him. TO is a more attractive FA prospect then Ward even with his injury and this season off

If he wants to come back I don't know what he is expecting.
    Maybe he is going to start playing special teams at age 36, and play for the vet minimum?

Exactly. Not happening.

If he somehow manages to play next year it won't be for the Steelers.

Every time I hear that I want to puke and it's simply not a true statement. The Ravens and Orioles have had many players over the years who were good players, but they were jack asses too, and I never liked those guys one bit.

I am a fan of the game of football. Ray Lewis happens to be my favorite Ravens player, followed by Suggs and Ray Rice. Would love to have anyone of those guys suit up for the Steelers.

Understand the rivalry. But to be honest I will be rooting for the Ravens to win it all now that the Steelers are out. I guess its an AFC North thing.
    I respect that but you're not a diehard.

There is no way I would root for the Steelers if the Ravens were eliminated. Not a chance.

The rivalry is just too intense for me to pull for the Steelers in anything unless it benefits the Ravens.

As for the comment about being happy if Hines was on our team, I disagree completely. Bart Scott was a good player but I couldn't stand him because of his antics. When he left via FA, I was relieved that the team didn't pay him a big money contract.

Hines is a dirty player that endangered the health of other players and threatened their careers. Keith Rivers hasn't been the same since the dirty shot that he took from Hines and it may cost him the one significant contract he worked his entire life for. Ed Reed is not the same because of Hines cheap shots.

I hope a team does pick him up (wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't AZ) and watch him get beaten to a pulp.

Blog Entries

It's called the salary cap. The Steelers are way over, as in possibly $35 million cap hell over. They're going to have to cut a ton of money and that means expensive starters. Many of the players that got them to 12-4 won't be on the team in 2012.
    He Who Dares.....Wins

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    I respect that but you're not a diehard.

There is no way I would root for the Steelers if the Ravens were eliminated. Not a chance.

The rivalry is just too intense for me to pull for the Steelers in anything unless it benefits the Ravens.

As for the comment about being happy if Hines was on our team, I disagree completely. Bart Scott was a good player but I couldn't stand him because of his antics. When he left via FA, I was relieved that the team didn't pay him a big money contract.

Hines is a dirty player that endangered the health of other players and threatened their careers. Keith Rivers hasn't been the same since the dirty shot that he took from Hines and it may cost him the one significant contract he worked his entire life for. Ed Reed is not the same because of Hines cheap shots.

I hope a team does pick him up (wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't AZ) and watch him get beaten to a pulp.

This perfectly sums up my view of Ward. He's garbage.