Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 99

Hybrid View

  1. #1

    Ravens-Texans, predict the final score



    Ravens 24
    Texans 13

    Analyzing this matchup really boils down one thing, quarterback play. If the Ravens do what they do best, which is making the opposing team one dimensional and shutting down the run, then I just cannot see TJ Yates beating the Ravens. Only way is if they get a couple turnovers and make it a short field.

    I think you'll see a lot of quick drops by Flacco w/ him using both TE's and Boldin quite a bit. And of course a healthy dose of Ray Rice.

    The other thing will be the crowd noise. It will be next to impossible for Yates to make any changes whatsoever at the line. On top of the that, I cannot remember the last time a rookie QB came into The Vault and tore up the Ravens (minus Andy Dalton's second half this year.

    Also, getting two weeks to prep for Houston will be huge.




  2. #2

    Re: Ravens-Texans, predict the final score

    27-7.




  3. #3
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Catonsville, MD
    Posts
    781

    Re: Ravens-Texans, predict the final score

    16-13 Ravens




  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens-Texans, predict the final score

    41-6 Ravens. 3 Turnovers by Yates.




  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,425
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Ravens-Texans, predict the final score

    Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    41-6 Ravens. 3 Turnovers by Yates.
    LOL! We all wish..

    I'm going with a spread-covering 10-point win.

    Ravens 27-17.




  6. #6

    Re: Ravens-Texans, predict the final score

    27-13 Ravens. I see us jumping out to a quick lead and Yates not being able to overcome it.
    -JAB




  7. #7

    Re: Ravens-Texans, predict the final score

    23-13 Ravens
    ---------------------------------------------------

    www.oblongspheroid.com

    A blog about any and everything football.

    Twitter: oblong_spheroid




  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Houston, TX Y'all
    Posts
    27,500

    Re: Ravens-Texans, predict the final score

    20-17 Ravens.

    No way this one is a blow out.
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.




  9. #9

    Re: Ravens-Texans, predict the final score

    Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    20-17 Ravens.

    No way this one is a blow out.
    Agreed. I think it will be similar to the last game w/ the Texans. Close thru 3 quarters and then the Ravens pull away late.




  10. #10
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    2,545
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens-Texans, predict the final score

    Quote Originally Posted by Knox Harrington View Post
    Agreed. I think it will be similar to the last game w/ the Texans. Close thru 3 quarters and then the Ravens pull away late.
    It was close for a while because we couldn't get it done in the redzone, and because Schaub didn't turn it over. I see those two factors changing this time around.




  11. #11
    iggyman555 Guest

    Re: Ravens-Texans, predict the final score

    Our O line vs their D line is the big matchup, whoever wins that will win\!




  12. #12

    Re: Ravens-Texans, predict the final score

    27-17

    Arian Foster makes a play, Yates throws up a miracle to Johnson

    Offense gets going with Boldin in the lineup and Grubbs playing this time around. Pitta scores, Rice Scores, Evans Scores ()




  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jumped off Couch
    Posts
    1,015

    Re: Ravens-Texans, predict the final score

    19-10 Ravens. Ravens dominate the early game but red zone woes crop up again and only take a 9-3 lead into halftime. Ravens score an early TD in the 3Q when a Yates turnover gives the offense a short field. Offense and defense take their foot off the pedal in the late 3Q/early 4Q (again!) and have to fight off a furious rally led by a few dubious pass interference penalties. Run game takes over in the 4Q and the Ravens have an 8 minute drive capped off by a short FG.




  14. #14

    Re: Ravens-Texans, predict the final score

    Quote Originally Posted by chicagoravensfan View Post
    19-10 Ravens. Ravens dominate the early game but red zone woes crop up again and only take a 9-3 lead into halftime. Ravens score an early TD in the 3Q when a Yates turnover gives the offense a short field. Offense and defense take their foot off the pedal in the late 3Q/early 4Q (again!) and have to fight off a furious rally led by a few dubious pass interference penalties. Run game takes over in the 4Q and the Ravens have an 8 minute drive capped off by a short FG.
    Are you from the future or just have a good imagination? Let me know if the it's the former please so I can place a bet?!




  15. #15
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Jumped off Couch
    Posts
    1,015

    Re: Ravens-Texans, predict the final score

    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    Are you from the future or just have a good imagination? Let me know if the it's the former please so I can place a bet?!
    Ha! Just giving the script for every Ravens game, ever (unless it's a multiple-turnover fest).




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland