Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

NFL Network replaying Houston - Ravens Game from this Season---

Midnight Wed. [11:00 pm my time ;)]

Blog Entries

Re: NFL Network replaying Houston - Ravens Game from this Season---

I just went back and looked at the stat line.

5 FGs for Billy. Need to convert at least 2 of those into TDs.

Rushing TD by Flacco, rush TD by Ricky.

132 yards rec. for Boldin. 101 rush for Rice. Flacco 300+ yds passing with a pick and a fumble.

Blog Entries

I don't think we will be able to contain Foster as much as we did in game one, simply because he will get more carries as a result of Yates being in at QB.

The odds of Foster busting some long runs is higher.

But at home with the 12th man our D could be lights out.

Our biggest issues were that Joe and the OL struggled against their pass rush.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensNTerps View Post
    Our biggest issues were that Joe and the OL struggled against their pass rush.
    I believe even still Flacco hung in and made several throws while being pressured/hit. But obviously there should be improvement, especially since we have them on tape.

The Texans defense should not be underestimated. I think both the Ravens and Texans running games and defenses are about a wash.

The key will be QB play (and OL protection of the QB)...if Flacco can make some plays like he did the first time...the Ravens have a good chance of winning.

If the Texans at some point need Yates to make some plays...the Ravens have a real good shot of winning.

If the Texans can force Flacco into fumbles (which let's be honest - he has developed a disturbing habit of doing) or INTs, which he has been able to avoid at home, I can see the Texans winning the game.

Anybody (and I am not saying anybody in this thread) that thinks this will be an easy game based on "we scored 29 pts the last time" is kidding themselves. In fact, that week 6 game was 16-14 going into the 4th quarter.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    The Texans defense should not be underestimated. I think both the Ravens and Texans running games and defenses are about a wash.

The key will be QB play (and OL protection of the QB)...if Flacco can make some plays like he did the first time...the Ravens have a good chance of winning.

If the Texans at some point need Yates to make some plays...the Ravens have a real good shot of winning.

If the Texans can force Flacco into fumbles (which let's be honest - he has developed a disturbing habit of doing) or INTs, which he has been able to avoid at home, I can see the Texans winning the game.

Anybody (and I am not saying anybody in this thread) that thinks this will be an easy game based on "we scored 29 pts the last time" is kidding themselves. In fact, that week 6 game was 16-14 going into the 4th quarter.
    While largely true, he's thrown an INT in the end zone in the last 2 home games against Indy and Cleveland.

I said a few weeks ago if we lose our undoing will be the turnover battle. We haven't been winning it since we were +7 in Week 1. We absolutely need to to beat a team like the Texans.

Blog Entries

If you convert 2 of those Cundiff FGs into TDs it's blowout level points - almost a 40 burger. Poor redzone conversion that game.

Blog Entries

This should be fun to see again. Thanks for the heads up spoon

Blog Entries

IMO they get a major downgrade with Yates playing, even with Andre back.

I am quite certain Yates hasn't played in such a hostile away atmosphere. The closest thing would be the game at division rival Indy - a game in which they lost.

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    IMO they get a major downgrade with Yates playing, even with Andre back.

I am quite certain Yates hasn't played in such a hostile away atmosphere. The closest thing would be the game at division rival Indy - a game in which they lost.
    Yates is most likely playing a dumbed down version of the offense that Matt Schaub operates with. You're not going to see anything fancy.. Foster is a north/south runner and they run him off tackle a lot.. They'll play action off that and try to get the ball to Daniels or Andre...

The crowd will definitely play a factor for Yates trying to call cadence and get the Houston offense to stay in sync.

IIRC there were 3 fumbles in the game and the Texans recovered all of them (Flacco fumbled, Tate at the goalline and McPhee forced a fumble on Schaub). If the Ravens had recovered even one of them it would have been a bigger beatdown.