Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: NFL Network replaying Houston - Ravens Game from this Season---

I'm sure that Houston will have the same attitude as the Broncos for playing against the Ravens.They may push Yates to do more in passing because the Ravens will be geared up to stop the run. No turnovers and take aways on our side should make the difference.Home team advantage will help seal the game. Suggs said the team feeds off the energy the crowd provides.

Glad that Grubbs will be back for this game.

Gurode: It would be nice if he had a single flaw, because that might be correctable, but there isn’t just 1 thing to which I can point for Gurode’s performance to date. He’s missed too many blocks, allowed too many penetrations, been penalized too often, and hasn’t moved well enough to be effective. Nonetheless, Andre had a substantial, unscored contribution to the win over the Texans. He drew 2 personal fouls on Antonio Smith with the Ravens inside the 1-yard line. Each gave the Ravens a first down, and since it took the Ravens 4 plays to score, I’d term them significant. In each case, he stuck with his block to the whistle, Smith reacted violently, and Gurode did not retaliate. Were I to subjectively grade the 4 games he’s played, I’d say D, F, C (adjustment for the penalties drawn), F. There are worse backup linemen in the league, but the team needs Ben Grubbs back in a bad way. It’s hindsight and would have involved a roster-spot complication, but I would expect that Justin Boren would have outplayed Gurode in this opportunity. But, you know what they say…the practice squad left guard is always the most popular guy (not) on the team.

Scoring versus Houston: 52 blocks, 8 missed, 1/2 penetration, 1.5 QHs, 1 false start, 43.5 points (.69 per play).

Let's hope our secondary
    coaching doesn,t imitate Pittsburgs secondary coaching.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    Midnight Wed. [11:00 pm my time ;)]
    Ironically, on midnight Friday, here in New York City, they're pre-playing the Ravens 27 - 17 win over the Texans on Sunday (Jan. 15th). Hmmm, how did they do that ? ... Bc

Blog Entries

Having Ben Grubbs back could make a difference. It will still be tough though.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Yates is never going to know what hit him when he hears how loud it is.

I am telling my section 5 false starts and I won't accept anything less.

http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networ...d=selectedDate

the listing I saw says midnight THURSDAY
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/networ...d=selectedDate

the listing I saw says midnight THURSDAY
    You're correct - T'is tonight - as of now.

Quote Originally Posted by spoon View Post
    You're correct - T'is tonight - as of now.
    Yup and there's a "Sound FX - The Best of Ray Lewis" afterward. So set those DVRs!

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    IMO they get a major downgrade with Yates playing, even with Andre back.

I am quite certain Yates hasn't played in such a hostile away atmosphere. The closest thing would be the game at division rival Indy - a game in which they lost.
    Yeah, Indy was pretty loud even though they were out of it. Roof game, and Indy fans are knowledgeable about noise. Yates didn't have issues with pre-snap penalties but did have issues with the pass rush.

Yates is a downgrade from Schaub. Interestingly, Schaub wasn't having a huge numbers season before he got injured. He just was very efficient. This year's Texans is very run oriented/defense making plays. Yates doesn't totally suck though--he ended up engineering TWO 80 yard scoring drives down the field against the Bengals to win that game, his first game on the road. I don't care where you are playing and who you are playing against, that's pretty impressive. He looked really good doing it. The final TD pass was nails.

The most dangerous thing about the Texans is their system. If the offense gets in rhythm, they can be hard to stop no matter who is running it. Schaub, Yates or Sage Rosenfels for that matter.

The good news for Texans fans is that they are the healthiest that they can be, and the Bengals game was a good one to knock the rust of of Andre Johnson. The last time he came back from injury, he said he felt better his second game back. To win despite playing good portions of their season without their QB, best offensive player and defensive players says a ton about the character of this team, the experience of their coaching staff, and how good their systems are on both the offensive and defensive side of the ball. The 2011 team is a very easy team to root for.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    The Texans defense should not be underestimated. I think both the Ravens and Texans running games and defenses are about a wash.

The key will be QB play (and OL protection of the QB)...if Flacco can make some plays like he did the first time...the Ravens have a good chance of winning.

If the Texans at some point need Yates to make some plays...the Ravens have a real good shot of winning.

If the Texans can force Flacco into fumbles (which let's be honest - he has developed a disturbing habit of doing) or INTs, which he has been able to avoid at home, I can see the Texans winning the game.

Anybody (and I am not saying anybody in this thread) that thinks this will be an easy game based on "we scored 29 pts the last time" is kidding themselves. In fact, that week 6 game was 16-14 going into the 4th quarter.
    While largely true, he's thrown an INT in the end zone in the last 2 home games against Indy and Cleveland.

I said a few weeks ago if we lose our undoing will be the turnover battle. We haven't been winning it since we were +7 in Week 1. We absolutely need to to beat a team like the Texans.