Thread: Playoffs so far

Americanmade2012 Guest

Playoffs so far

What does everyone think of the playoffs so far?

I would say impressive and shocking at the same time.

Blog Entries
    Really only one tight game but home field advantage is for real

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: Playoffs so far

Best game was Denver-Pittsburgh. Hated seeing the live verison of Madden in the NFC.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

It was nice to see some defense on Sunday. I was surprised at how badly Atlanta got beat, although I expected them to lose. I saw Houston coming, because I just didn't see the Bengals stopping those stretch run plays. Denver vs. Pittsburgh was the game of the week, in a way that nobody saw coming.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Week 1 shows why it is important to win your division and play at home. At least 2 of those games would have had a different outcome if they were played in the other team's stadium. Also, I think the Steeler's mystique and reputation masked the fact that they are a hospital wing masquerading as a football team. Too many injuries playing on the road equals loss.

Blog Entries

All the games went as expected except for Denver/Pitt. I didn't expect Tebow to pull that out of his ass. Home teams are 4-0 thus far.

I was gonna start a thread on this but I'll just add to yours
    1) Bengals @ Houston:: Four things; Hst had home field/crowd; they had a better overall defense; their rookie qb didn't turn the ball over; and their playmakers (Andre Johnson and Arian Foster) are better than Cinci's (Cedric Benson and AJ Green). I picked Cinci based on their qb being a starter all year.
    2) Lions @ New Orleans:: for a while I thought Detroit could keep up with them, but whether veteran savvy or coaching adjustments, the Saints pulled away (5 consecutive td drives?!) Saints gonna be a tough, tough foe.
    3) Falcons @ NY Giants:: defense like an anaconda; they keep squeezing and squeezing the life out of you. I don't know why NY isn't a 12-13 win team every year (injuries? clubhouse? big city distractions?); when they're 'on' they're clearly an awesome team.
    4) Pigsburgh @ Denver:: cmon, we all knew the Denver passing game would be the difference! as Deion pointed out, Tebow won this game with his arm. give the Bronco D huge credit, but the O produced enough.

note that all four home teams won. I can't imagine how the yinzers are cryin this morning (we had to go on the road to a 8-8 team waaahh)

gotta think Baltimore will handle Houston next week (they'll contain Foster, and Flacco won't throw three pics). can't see Denver Tebowing to another win. both NFC games should be dogfights.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

I've picked every game correctly so far. I do not like the officiating. The Saints/Lions game would have been closer if the refs didn't give the Saints some help they really didn't need, but then you never know. Teams can play differently when they are down by 3 or 7 as opposed to being down by 17 or 21.

Den/Pit was about the last game you'd have expected an upset, which is about suitable. Hopefully, Bmore can get the job done and make sure they go in with the mantra of no upsets at M&T.

It was pretty dull until the Den/Pit game. Bengals folded early, Saints were always going to win a light show and the Falcons were embarrassingly pathetic in a game they could've won on paper.

Divisional round should be very intriguing, though. at least in the NFc, two of those teams have a D (Giants, 49ers). AFC seems straightforward, but it hardly was this weekend. In one way, Pit losing may be good - Ravens can't get caught thinking about knocking the Steelers out if they'd beaten NE. Woulda been nice for the Ravens to knock them out, though.

Quote Originally Posted by Tyrian View Post
    ...the Falcons were embarrassingly pathetic in a game they could've won on paper.

In one way, Pit losing may be good - Ravens can't get caught thinking about knocking the Steelers out if they'd beaten NE. Woulda been nice for the Ravens to knock them out, though.
    1) I thought Atlanta would do much better. last week they put up 42 in one half (at home, against a sorry Tampa team). so much for momentum.
    2) it would have been nice to have knocked Pigsburgh out directly, but we can take credit for their WC status and thus some satisfaction for their departure.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)