Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast
  1. A few questions from a Texan

Section 539 row 25 how's the view?
    We're coming in Saturday morning, what's cool to do in Baltimore? Is there a warf area with bars and restaurants? Where should we get crab cakes?

Thanks

Re: A few questions from a Texan

Quote Originally Posted by swoopyjp View Post
    We're coming in Saturday morning, what's cool to do in Baltimore? Is there a warf area with bars and restaurants? Where should we get crab cakes?

Thanks
    Stay away from Harbor Place...too touristy. Go to Federal Hill, Canton, Fells Point, Little Italy for good bars and restaurants.

Best crab cakes: G&M. In the 'burbs about 15 mins south of town.

Blog Entries
    Baltimoreravens.com has an option to view the field from your section. I'd suggest you bring binoculars

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Thanks
    Harbor Place within walking distance to M&T Bank Stadium (aka The Vault) is loaded w/ good bars & restaurants. Phillips is well known well established seafood restaurant. Not far from Little Italy with lots & lots of good eats. Just use common sense about where you walk ... certain directions take you to the hood. Closest attractions to M&T are Fort McHenry, home of National Anthem, the Aquarium, and a nice train museum. If weather is nice can take a harbor cruise.

Seats will have a good view but you're in an end zone.

5. Re: A few questions from a Texan

Not sure where your staying but there are a lot of bars around the harbor area. Goggle Baltimore Harbor. There are a lot of bars to choose from and you're a short walk to the stadium. I like the Pratt Street Ale House or Pickles for day game drinking and eating. I'd recommend walking down Eutaw Street, through Oriole Park on you way to the stadium. Your rolling the dice with crab cakes because they are out of season.

6. Re: A few questions from a Texan

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Stay away from Harbor Place...too touristy. Go to Federal Hill, Canton, Fells Point, Little Italy for good bars and restaurants.

Best crab cakes: G&M. In the 'burbs about 15 mins south of town.
    I agree with this post but if you're coming in town on sunday and the game is 1 pm I assumed they would want to stay fairly close to Stadium.

+1 on going to Fells Point!

It's my old hood and had lots of great eats and friendly bars. Stay away from Harborplace -- pricey and touristy.

Did you make hotel arrangements? The wife and I found great rates at the Hilton Garden Inn on Presidents St.

As for your seats, bring an oxygen tank!

8. Re: A few questions from a Texan

Thanks
    That's my section. Great view because you're right in the middle of the end-zone behind the goalposts. But you're way up there... there are only 26 rows in the section. I'm way down in row 11 which is nice because it's about the same level as the first row of the upper end-zone. Def bring the binoculars if you're in row 25.

9. Re: A few questions from a Texan

Have not got a hotel yet. Do you think the upper deck at m&t is comparable to the upper deck at Reliant? Man that sucks its not the right time of year for crab cakes.

Have not got a hotel yet. Do you think the upper deck at m&t is comparable to the upper deck at Reliant? Man that sucks its not the right time of year for crab cakes.
    Reliant is taller, if that makes sense, and it feels as if you're closer to the field than at M&T. M&T is wider in the uppers, thus gives a feeling you're further away.

Go to Thames Street Oyster House for a good crab cake. One of the few places down town that gets good seasonal lump crab meat.

Man that sucks its not the right time of year for crab cakes.
    It's always the right time of year for crabcakes.

Now sitting down to crack and eat steamed crabs is a different story although they can still be had this time of year as well.

You vcan get quality crabcakes any time of year from any restaurant that prepares and sells quality crabcakes.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

East Baltimore Street... Always hopping.. Not seedy at all.. ;-)