Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Re: A few questions from a Texan

Forget Baltimore, take Russell St. out of town to MD 295 to I-295 near DC. Exit on PA avenue and head east. Go 3 blocks and park. Get out of your vehicle, wave some cash and tell the folks around you you are looking for something good to eat.

^just kidding.

Fells Point is where you want to head. Though near Harbor you can find a comedy club and touristy bars if you are into that kind of thing.

Somebody mentioned Phillips upstread, I believe they are closed, they are moving to the old ESPN Zone nearby and aren't open yet (I believe, could be wrong on if they are open yet).

If you rent a car G&Ms is a good place for crab cakes. As Fanatic says, crab cakes around here are plentiful year round. And they are real crab cakes, not that crap they pass off in other areas that are barely thicker than an envelope and less tasty.

Get on the stair machine now - no escalators to the upper deck.

BS

have a good trip in and enjoy the game. it should be a tremendously competitive match and a good time. Be prepared for a loud stadium as our fans will be rabid. The Texans are a good team and I expect the home crowd will be the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Forget Baltimore, take Russell St. out of town to MD 295 to I-295 near DC. Exit on PA avenue and head east. Go 3 blocks and park. Get out of your vehicle, wave some cash and tell the folks around you you are looking for something good to eat.

^just kidding.

Fells Point is where you want to head. Though near Harbor you can find a comedy club and touristy bars if you are into that kind of thing.

Somebody mentioned Phillips upstread, I believe they are closed, they are moving to the old ESPN Zone nearby and aren't open yet (I believe, could be wrong on if they are open yet).

If you rent a car G&Ms is a good place for crab cakes. As Fanatic says, crab cakes around here are plentiful year round. And they are real crab cakes, not that crap they pass off in other areas that are barely thicker than an envelope and less tasty.
    The new Phillips has been open almost 2 months now.

Best Crab cakes around

G&M

15 minutes tops
    295 S
    to 695
    Hammonds Ferry

http://gandmrestaurant.com/

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    The new Phillips has been open almost 2 months now.
    Cool. Not really a Phillips fan.

Do yourself a favor ang get a crabcake from G&M and for another meal get one from Kokos Pub. I've tried crabcakes allover the Baltimore area, you name it, I've had it. Take my word for it, Kokos Pub reigns supreme.

I like Michaels for crabcakes. It's on Eastern Avenue near Dundalk Avenue.

You all are going to send this poor lad to the burbs when there are equal / better crab cakes within walking distance of the harbor?

Shame on y'all.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You all are going to send this poor lad to the burbs when there are equal / better crab cakes within walking distance of the harbor?

Shame on y'all.
    Burbs, schmurbs .... the best crabcakes are still on the Eastern Shore. Just cross the Chesapeake Bay Bridge, then go to Kent Narrows or St. Michaels
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Disagree, the best crab cakes are found here.

http://www.pappascrabcakes.com/Main/Restaurants.asp

Go to the Glen Burnie local since its a sports themed place instead of the Taylor Ave location that's more formal.

Quote Originally Posted by bpmurr View Post
    Disagree, the best crab cakes are found here.

http://www.pappascrabcakes.com/Main/Restaurants.asp

Go to the Glen Burnie local since its a sports themed place instead of the Taylor Ave location that's more formal.
    No way!!

I just ate there (Taylor Ave.) a few weeks ago.
    While certainly tasty, nowhere near the size and quality of G&M's.

Quite frankly, it's pretty damn hard to find a crabcake that is made in the balto. metro area that doesn't taste good.

With that being said, it's the size and amount of filler that separates them IMO.

Been awhile since I was down at G&M's, but everytime I've been there they were the real deal!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!