Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 132

Thread: Flacco vs Ryan

  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    2,173
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan



    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Not really, Flacco has had better games than that in the playoffs
    Flacco has never scored 0 points in a playoff game. More importantly, he's never scored 0 points with Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez to throw to.




  2. #17

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post


    The people that root against Ryan on this board need a reality check. Joe has not looked like superman in the playoffs to be fair.

    You don't have to root against Ryan, and its pretty fucking sad if you do. They both are allowed to do good, one doesn't' have to suck for the other to look good.
    Nobody has a vendetta against Ryan, this is the first time Ryan v.s. Flacco has even been mentioned in a long while.




  3. #18

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post


    The people that root against Ryan on this board need a reality check. Joe has not looked like superman in the playoffs to be fair.

    You don't have to root against Ryan, and its pretty fucking sad if you do. They both are allowed to do good, one doesn't' have to suck for the other to look good...

    He looked bad today, but it doesn't change the fact that some people on this board actually root against him. It's weird.


    To be fair to Matty - he did put up 2 points today!




  4. #19

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    sigh...

    Both QBs have sucked in the post-season. The difference is, the team around Flacco is much better than the team around Ryan.

    - C -
    thats ridiculous. ryan has turner, gonzalace, jones and white and he was shut out today and still hasn't won one playoff game. bottom line flacco is a winner.




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Posts
    6,146
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Yeah, I have been of the opinion that Matt Ryan was a little better than Joe even with weapons considered. But today changed my mind. He's no better than Flacco and it's pretty obvious.
    Ryan would shit his pants if he had to play Pittsburgh twice a year.




  6. #21

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by s.r.genovese View Post
    Flacco has never scored 0 points in a playoff game. More importantly, he's never scored 0 points with Roddy White, Julio Jones, and Tony Gonzalez to throw to.
    Exactly, there's no reason Ryan should have been shutout, I mean 0 points? I would have never seen that coming.




  7. #22

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    At least all this Matty Ice crap is dead for another year.

    Now - if only the Broncos can beat the Squeelers.




  8. #23

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Exactly. People around here are wee-bit insecure about their QB.
    For some reason, a lot of people have to have one QB fail in order to feel good about theirs.

    Honestly i'm not sure this Validates Ryan over Joe. I think they are both pretty equal, because i do take into account that Ryan has a lot more to work with than Joe, Ryan doesn't have nearly as good a Defense as Joe's, when Joe struggled in the playoffs the D carried us, when Ryan Struggles he doesn't have that luxury.

    I still like both kids, i think they will be fantastic QBs in the NFL.

    They will be the Tom brady/Peyton Manning of their times, hopefully Joe turns out to be the Brady..
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb





  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,321
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Joe Flacco has had three playoff games better than anything Ryan has put forth in the postseason. During their rookie seasons, Ryan threw the late pick against Arizona, while Joe led the late game winning drive against Tennessee. Joe scored two TDs (One through the air and one on the ground), while not turning the ball over, against Miami. Then, he played very well against KC.

    Matt Ryan hasn't had one good playoff game yet.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    LOL - Check out the Falcons boards. They will be bitching big time.

    Ryan has never won a PO game while Joe gets to pad his victories and
    is real close of going to the SB.

    Joe's the big winner here.




  11. #26

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Not really, Flacco has had better games than that in the playoffs
    Not really? It wasn't an opinion, it was a fact. Flacco has a playoff QB rating of 61.6; Ryan's stats today rate a 71.1. If Flacco duplicates Ryan's outing when we play the Texans, Flacco's postseason QB rating climbs.

    Yes, Flacco has had a few games better than that and a few worse than that.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    The Land of Verdite
    Posts
    13,321
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Ryan would shit his pants if he had to play Pittsburgh twice a year.
    I feel the same way. The first time he played Pittsburgh, he didn't look any better than Flacco, the first few times he played Pittsburgh. Ryan's defense kept him in it, but he threw a late interception to Troy Polamalu and it was all downhill after that. They didn't even score a TD.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"




  13. #28

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    I always liked Ryan but when the media has decided to anoint Ryan as the much better QB compared to Flacco, when he clearly isn't, it is difficult not too laugh at his failures. And face it, the only ones that are going bring up the fact that its sad we somehow enjoy Mattie's struggles are the 'fans' that are highly critical of Flacco in the 1st place. Less ammunition!




  14. #29

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Nobody has a vendetta against Ryan, this is the first time Ryan v.s. Flacco has even been mentioned in a long while.
    Dude, people around don't really like Ryan, because a lot of times he is compared to Joe. If you're gonna sit here and tell me that's not true, you're lying simple as that.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb





  15. #30
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    7,256

    Re: Flacco vs Ryan

    Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Yeah, I have been of the opinion that Matt Ryan was a little better than Joe even with weapons considered. But today changed my mind. He's no better than Flacco and it's pretty obvious.


    Most of what has been said above.

    You muster zero offensive points and 199 yds. with two elite WRs and one of the best TEs ever to play the game? You ain't all that. Like someone said, Flacco would get "murdered" in such a situation; all the talking heads would fall over themselves to say how if we'd just get rid of Flacco, we'd have won a SB already. And yet "Matty Ice" is some god for playing crap defenses in a dome.

    The double standard is insane.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland