Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco vs Ryan

Re: Flacco vs Ryan

Unitas said many years ago that "statistics are for losers."

Ryan has never won a playoff game - PERIOD!

Flacco has won four playoff games - and may add to that total.

You should ask Ryan which he would rather have - the 71.1 rating or 4 playoff wins. I bet I know the answer.

Blog Entries

The real comparison is Ryan vs Tebow.
    Tebow with less support did what Marty Ice Melt down couldn't do.

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Tebow has plenty uf support-- Thomas is better then either Jones or White. the only skill position where the Falcons are much better is TE....Tebow's issues surround his ability to play the position....

What Tebow did today causes me to shake my head a bit....he took advantage of the steelers' inability to play disciplined defense....Just about every time the steelers gambled, they lost.....The steelers safties were exposed as was Ike Taylor....

Quote Originally Posted by DonNMass View Post
    Now you done did it, Still haven't heard anyone on TV blame Ryan.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lovefootball View Post
    Now you done did it, Still haven't heard anyone on TV blame Ryan.
    And you won't he's an NFL golden boy. Has been since before he was even drafted. Flacco has a bad game and the pundits talk like he's the worst QB in the NFL. Matty Ice has a bad game and you don't even know that the game was played. Flacco has a great game and the media gives everyone except him credit for it. Matty Ice has a great game and they talk about how he carried his team to victory.

Flacco's inconsistency frustrates me to no end. But he hasn't earned the poor media rep that he has, just like Ryan hasn't earned the great one that he has.

Flacco will, sadly, always be an after thought to Ryan because he was drafted later and no one saw him coming.

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    i dont dislike the guy, i dislike how the media loves him soo much, and when he does bad, it make sthe media look bad
    This plus the "benefit of the doubt" calls that media-hyped QBs get. I don't dislike Brady and give him props for his talent but that phantom roughing call against Suggs a few years back still ticks me off when I think about it.

It's the new "Fantasy" NFL where the guys who get the most Fantasy points are obviously the best at their position - So be it. Me- I'll take the wins every time.

Quote Originally Posted by knots View Post
    Tebow has plenty uf support-- Thomas is better then either Jones or White. the only skill position where the Falcons are much better is TE....Tebow's issues surround his ability to play the position....

What Tebow did today causes me to shake my head a bit....he took advantage of the steelers' inability to play disciplined defense....Just about every time the steelers gambled, they lost.....The steelers safties were exposed as was Ike Taylor....
    Thomas better than White? What do you base that on, this weeks games? In the last five year you will struggle to find five WRs who has been more consistent than White.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    sigh...

Both QBs have sucked in the post-season. The difference is, the team around Flacco is much better than the team around Ryan.

- C -
    Defensively, I'd say absolutely the Ravens have a significantly better D. Offensively, I'd say that is flat out wrong. Outside of Ray Rice the Falcons have better receivers, a better pass blocking OL, the greatest TE of all time, and Michael Turner is no slouch.

It doesn't matter though. I hate the excuse that Flacco has a better team around him that Matt Ryan does and that's why Flacco has been successful in the playoffs and Ryan hasn't.

You are what you are and right now Matt Ryan sucks in outdoor stadiums and sucks in the playoffs. Flacco has gotten statistically better each year in the playoffs, but still has yet to really put together an entirely consistent playoff appearance. However, he hasn't exactly lost playoff games for the Ravens either. The INT against Pittsburgh last year definitely hurt, but you cannot argue that the entire team shit the bed by letting Antonio Brown get a retarded helmet catch on 3rd and impossible, Rice giving up a fumble, Boldin dropping a sure TD pass, and TJ dropping a game-extending pass that hit him in the hands when he was wide open. It's not like Flacco is incapable of making plays. Do you think Roddy White or Jones would have dropped those passes last year? I'm not so sure.

Let's see how this SB run goes, shall wek?
    Last edited by wickedsolo; 01-09-2012 at 08:33 AM.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Just taking this part of your post, and disagreeing. 54 catches for 959 yds (17.8 per) and 8 TDs seems like a better than solid rookie season to me. While I know he "cost" more than Torrey Smith, TS had 50 catches for 841 yds (16.8 per) and 7 TDs, but we're ecstatic about it. I think you're underplaying Julio Jones' contribution to the Falcons offense... Bc
    Agreed. His presence alone takes attention away from Roddy White and Gonzalez.

Blog Entries

That team around Ryan doesn't mean jack when the offense can't put up any points. They were in the game, but the offense couldn't do anything.

Blog Entries

The Umenyiora sack in the 2nd half summed up the entirety of the game IMO. He pushed the LT back into Ryan, grabbed Ryan around the LT (Svitek I think?) and tackled both Svitek and Ryan at the same time. Now, Umenyiora is 255-260lbs. Svitek is 6'7" and easily 320lbs. He got punked HARD.

The Falcons gave up early when the Giants stuffed them on 4th and short. Ryan played scared and conservative.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Defensively, I'd say absolutely the Ravens have a significantly better D. Offensively, I'd say that is flat out wrong. Outside of Ray Rice the Falcons have better receivers, a better pass blocking OL, the greatest TE of all time, and Michael Turner is no slouch.

It doesn't matter though. I hate the excuse that Flacco has a better team around him that Matt Ryan does and that's why Flacco has been successful in the playoffs and Ryan hasn't.

You are what you are and right now Matt Ryan sucks in outdoor stadiums and sucks in the playoffs. Flacco has gotten statistically better each year in the playoffs, but still has yet to really put together an entirely consistent playoff appearance. However, he hasn't exactly lost playoff games for the Ravens either. The INT against Pittsburgh last year definitely hurt, but you cannot argue that the entire team shit the bed by letting Antonio Brown get a retarded helmet catch on 3rd and impossible, Rice giving up a fumble, Boldin dropping a sure TD pass, and TJ dropping a game-extending pass that hit him in the hands when he was wide open. It's not like Flacco is incapable of making plays. Do you think Roddy White or Jones would have dropped those passes last year? I'm not so sure.

Let's see how this SB run goes, shall wek?
    I hate that argument as well and would even argue that the last 2 years their defense has greatly improved and narrowed that gap (ranked 12th overall in 10 and 11). This goes back to the progressed/regressed debate. As I have said I think Flacco has progressed even if his stats regressed. I havent watched nearly as much of Ryan's games, but ive come to pretty much the exact opposite conclusion with him, as his stats have gone up, but really i dont see any progress as a player if not regression. I would have thought the addition of Jones would have done more for them than it has, but the argument that we have a better team, atleast offensively, is absurd. We havent had their talent at WR before the addition of Jones let alone now.
    -JAB