Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco vs Ryan

Re: Flacco vs Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by AntiMoon View Post
    Joe was our best player in both the Mia and KC playoff games. The rest he's been avg to bad. Ryan has been shit in all 3 of his playoff games. In the end it's no contest. Joe Cool>Matty Overrated
    He was the best player in the Tennesee and second Pitt matchup too. It wasn't his fault Boldin dropped a TD pass that would have probably won the game.

If Flacco played the way Ryan did today, I'd have some major doubts about him being able to take us to a title. Joe has never looked as bad as this, regardless of what the numbers were. Christ, just use your eyes people, numbers are for loosers.

Blog Entries

Another epic failure by Mister Playoffs himself.

That won't stop the media (and half our fans) from thinking he's still the wind beneath Tim Tebow's wings (while still thinking Flacco stinks), but Ryan's miles behind Flacco in terms of understanding what it takes to win big games.

The earlier Manning/Brady comparison was good. Brady was a playoff winner right off the bat. Manning was a playoff debacle for the first 5 years of his career (0-3).

That's right, history buffs. The quarterback you always compare Joe Flacco to so unfavorably played two more years than Joe Flacco has before winning ONE playoff game. And he completed under 50% in those first three playoff games (50-105) with all of ONE Td against 2 picks.

3. Re: Flacco vs Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    i hate him, well not him, i hate that hes threw down our throats by the media, hes overrated by the media... he could very well be better than joe, but the gap isnt as much as the talking heads think. i have noting agaisnt him personally, and i think every one else in this thread would agree with that.

When Ryan sucks its up, were all glad becuase we would love to see these "experts" eat crow and maybe bring them back down to earth. They have favourites, Ryan, Tebow, Troy P, etc and then they just have people they hate and bash such as flacco... So its more a piss on the experts when ryan does bad than piss on ryan, for me any ways, but i think thats how every one would feel
    While i disagree, and think disliking the guy is wrong. I appreciate your honestly more than some people telling me i'm imagining the resentment for Ryan.

My only beef is, i just don't see the reason to hate him. That is all.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

In perfect world, both Flacco and Ryan would be celebrated as good young developing QBs. Unfortunately in the media, one is the golden child who's shit never stinks... the other is the black sheep and is always discredited. I think the majority of our ire is towards f'n media... not Ryan. Not that I personally give one shit about Jaime 'I promise.. I really did play in the NFL' Dukes' opinion, but it does get tiresome when a lot of people let his 'keen insight' influence their opinions.
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 01-08-2012 at 07:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    While i disagree, and think disliking the guy is wrong. I appreciate your honestly more than some people telling me i'm imagining the resentment for Ryan.

i dont dislike the guy, i dislike how the media loves him soo much, and when he does bad, it make sthe media look bad

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    sigh...

Both QBs have sucked in the post-season. The difference is, the team around Flacco is much better than the team around Ryan.

- C -
    Are you effing kidding me?? Give Flacco Roddy White and Julio Jones and lets see what type of numbers he can put up, IN A DOME.

Oh let me guess, youre talking defense? Atlanta's defense shut down the Giants for most of the game. What did matt Ryan do to keep his team in it??? He short armed passes and didnt throw to guys wide open down the middle. he got stuffed on two qb sneaks on 4th and inches. He is so overrated it's ridiculous. Joe Flacco plays on a team that does and probably always will cater to the defense. Overly conservative and never playing to Joe's strengths. he plays and succeeds within the confines of whats best for the team. Period.

Its ridiculous how much flack Joe takes. No pun.
    "Sorry officer, nothing wrong here. I'm just watching the Ravens game!"

The only thing that matters is that Matty Ice has melted once again.......

This kind of sports hate is not like real hate. It is just hating on a guy that gets a lot more love than our guy even though he has accomlpished less.

Ryan is a good QB. No one is saying he sucks. What people are saying is Flacco is at least as good if not better. Ryan has an elite O around him. probowl caliber players at every skill position and a solid OL (usually). Sure the Raven D is better than the Falcon D, but there are plenty of reasons why people argue that Flacco is better even though the stats are about even.

Ryan could turn out to be a HOF QB and Flacco may not, but so far, Flacco has been the QB on a team that won 4 playoff games, Ryan has been the Qb on a team that has no playoff wins and was shut out today.

:T2:

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by psuasskicker View Post
    ... No, Julio Jones doesn't count as much of an offensive weapon...he's a rookie and he's looked solid but nothing special this year...
    - C -
    Just taking this part of your post, and disagreeing. 54 catches for 959 yds (17.8 per) and 8 TDs seems like a better than solid rookie season to me. While I know he "cost" more than Torrey Smith, TS had 50 catches for 841 yds (16.8 per) and 7 TDs, but we're ecstatic about it. I think you're underplaying Julio Jones' contribution to the Falcons offense... Bc

Great points BC... and i love that you're honest about the clear resentment, instead of acting like it doesn't exist like Justlovemybirds does.

Maybe its just me, i don't see a need for it, but whoever says there isn't a resentment for Ryan around these parts is Lying.

Thanks for being honest.
    At what point in this thread has it not been obvious that the only "resentment" against Ryan is about the media coverage and the inconsistent way he's criticized as opposed to Flacco? Your the only one who thinks this is somehow a personal thing against Ryan its football, all we're doing is talking football.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeremiah W View Post
    This kind of sports hate is not like real hate. It is just hating on a guy that gets a lot more love than our guy even though he has accomlpished less.

Ryan is a good QB. No one is saying he sucks. What people are saying is Flacco is at least as good if not better. Ryan has an elite O around him. probowl caliber players at every skill position and a solid OL (usually). Sure the Raven D is better than the Falcon D, but there are plenty of reasons why people argue that Flacco is better even though the stats are about even.

Ryan could turn out to be a HOF QB and Flacco may not, but so far, Flacco has been the QB on a team that won 4 playoff games, Ryan has been the Qb on a team that has no playoff wins and was shut out today.
    :word nothing more nothing less, no need to exaggerate things.
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 01-08-2012 at 08:14 PM.

Matt Ryan plays in PERFECT weather conditions for about 80% of his games with the majority of those being in domes. No issues with wind, water, cold, sunlight, etc. That alone should give him a big lead in stats- but they are virtually identical, which leads me to believe that Flacco is better. I don't think people really give him (or anyone) the credit for being able to throw balls outside in the cold and wind- it's a huge plus.

then combine the fact that he still hasn't won a game in the playoffs with all of those offensive weapons (ZERO freaking points today)- That was clearly an offensive failure- and it seems to happen every post-season. He can't handle the pressure. I don't care if Joe's STATS are not better- he just wins, and puts his team in positions to win. He usually plays smart football- He usually plays well outside in adverse weather conditions- All that makes me happy that we have Joe over the ice-cube.

And whoever said that Julio Jones shouldn't count b/c he's a rookie :grbac: You clearly haven't watched him play- the guy is a beast. And didn't the Falcons give up a ton just to move up to get him. The guy can flat out play.

I'm not Flacco fan at all, but I do have to admit Ryan's WRs and TEs are better than Flacco's.