Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco vs Ryan

Blog Entries

Re: Flacco vs Ryan

Bleed, you obvious care enough to continuously indulge in our thread of negativity.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

2. Re: Flacco vs Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Ooohhhh so in a thread comparing Ryan and Flacco, playoff wins (or I guess wins period since we're throwing out team records) shouldn't even matter? Gotcha

So should the fact that Ryan has had better weapons (and plays in a dome and against lesser competition) since he's been in the league matter since that has a direct effect on QB rating?
    :grbac:

You're incredible.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

3. Re: Flacco vs Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Bleed, you obvious care enough to continuously indulge in our thread of negativity.
    You know i'm always in a thread baby, come on Atari.

You know i'm right.

its not fans that started the arguement, it was the media

Blog Entries

Bleed,

What part of it do you not understand. If Flacco performed the way that Ryan did today, Flacco would get roasted. Ryan, somehow, does not get roasted when things like this happen to him. Ravens fans are upset about it, because the two will always be compared, from being drafted the same year. That has led to some dislike, which the fans are voicing in threads such as this.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Team records are a foolish way to compare players as disparate as Marino and Dilfer, but Flacco and Ryan are not worlds apart. Their stats are nearly identical, with a slight edge to Ryan. To counter this, Flacco supporters rightfully point out that Ryan plays softer defenses, in a dome, and consistently loses in the playoffs.

To me, when you have two players with very similar numbers, you HAVE to consider factors like that. And when you do, Joe clearly looks better.
    Boom! Headshot.

I didn't have to TRY to mess up your "fucking quote"--you did it yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92
    The team that losses the Superbowl is no better than the team with the #1 pick in the draft simple as that.
    Really? No better? I didn't "screw up your fucking quote"--you screwed up the second you typed it, because it's stupid.

If the team that loses (how the word is spelled, by the way) the SB "is no better" than the worst team in the league, by that logic it's not worth making the playoffs unless you win the SB. Because why win one or two playoff games if you still don't win the SB?

This is why I mocked your "fucking quote." It's garbage.
    Last edited by akashicrecorder; 01-08-2012 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Clarity

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    :grbac:

You're incredible.
    Bleed, my point is to understand a QB within the context of the entire team i.e. looking at the totality of their performance.

Whats truly incredible is that you have such a hard time with that concept (and seem to be the only person on the board with that issue).

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Team records are a foolish way to compare players as disparate as Marino and Dilfer, but Flacco and Ryan are not worlds apart. Their stats are nearly identical, with a slight edge to Ryan. To counter this, Flacco supporters rightfully point out that Ryan plays softer defenses, in a dome, and consistently loses in the playoffs.

To me, when you have two players with very similar numbers, you HAVE to consider factors like that. And when you do, Joe clearly looks better.
    How hard of a concept is this to understand Bleed?

10. Re: Flacco vs Ryan

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Bleed,

What part of it do you not understand. If Flacco performed the way that Ryan did today, Flacco would get roasted. Ryan, somehow, does not get roasted when things like this happen to him. Ravens fans are upset about it, because the two will always be compared, from being drafted the same year. That has led to some dislike, which the fans are voicing in threads such as this.
    I hear ya, and i fully understand. Flacco gets lit up, by the media, and i agree its bullshit. I'm not even sure why we still get upset by that. Only person it hurts is you. Hell the Media are just now getting around to Eli Manning, and he won a super bowl ring 4 years ago. Some people are just not in favors with the Media. Such is life.

but do we really have to piss on Ryan to prove that point? My dad used to tell me, its okay for a man to bitch ones, but only bitches bitch more than ones, think about it. Point is. We all know Flacco isn't a media darling. Ryan is oh well who gives a shit.

Quote Originally Posted by bleedpurple92 View Post
    :word

the people that root against ryan on this board need a reality check. Joe has not looked like superman in the playoffs to be fair.

You don't have to root against ryan, and its pretty fucking sad if you do. They both are allowed to do good, one doesn't' have to suck for the other to look good...

He looked bad today, but it doesn't change the fact that some people on this board actually root against him. It's weird.
    thank you!!!!!!!

Who's pissing on Ryan bleed?

Most of us are simply pointing out the flaws in the arguments of his ardent supporters. Some of us are expressing schadenfreude at his losing because we're tired of hearing how great he is while Flacco does EXACTLY THE SAME THINGS against BETTER DEFENSES with LESS WEAPONS year in and year out yet somehow Joe gets shit on constantly by the media, the NFL fanbases, and BALTIMORE FANS.

But none of that is pissing on Ryan. Comparing Joe favorably to Ryan isn't pissing on him. Saying Joe is better than him isn't pissing on him.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron