Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Flacco vs Ryan

Blog Entries

Re: Flacco vs Ryan

LOL - Check out the Falcons boards. They will be bitching big time.

Ryan has never won a PO game while Joe gets to pad his victories and
    is real close of going to the SB.

Joe's the big winner here.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Not really, Flacco has had better games than that in the playoffs
    Not really? It wasn't an opinion, it was a fact. Flacco has a playoff QB rating of 61.6; Ryan's stats today rate a 71.1. If Flacco duplicates Ryan's outing when we play the Texans, Flacco's postseason QB rating climbs.

Yes, Flacco has had a few games better than that and a few worse than that.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bt12483 View Post
    Ryan would shit his pants if he had to play Pittsburgh twice a year.
    I feel the same way. The first time he played Pittsburgh, he didn't look any better than Flacco, the first few times he played Pittsburgh. Ryan's defense kept him in it, but he threw a late interception to Troy Polamalu and it was all downhill after that. They didn't even score a TD.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I always liked Ryan but when the media has decided to anoint Ryan as the much better QB compared to Flacco, when he clearly isn't, it is difficult not too laugh at his failures. And face it, the only ones that are going bring up the fact that its sad we somehow enjoy Mattie's struggles are the 'fans' that are highly critical of Flacco in the 1st place. Less ammunition!

5. Re: Flacco vs Ryan

Nobody has a vendetta against Ryan, this is the first time Ryan v.s. Flacco has even been mentioned in a long while.
    Dude, people around don't really like Ryan, because a lot of times he is compared to Joe. If you're gonna sit here and tell me that's not true, you're lying simple as that.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    Yeah, I have been of the opinion that Matt Ryan was a little better than Joe even with weapons considered. But today changed my mind. He's no better than Flacco and it's pretty obvious.
    :word

Most of what has been said above.

You muster zero offensive points and 199 yds. with two elite WRs and one of the best TEs ever to play the game? You ain't all that. Like someone said, Flacco would get "murdered" in such a situation; all the talking heads would fall over themselves to say how if we'd just get rid of Flacco, we'd have won a SB already. And yet "Matty Ice" is some god for playing crap defenses in a dome.

The double standard is insane.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    For some reason, a lot of people have to have one QB fail in order to feel good about theirs.

Honestly i'm not sure this Validates Ryan over Joe. I think they are both pretty equal, because i do take into account that Ryan has a lot more to work with than Joe, Ryan doesn't have nearly as good a Defense as Joe's, when Joe struggled in the playoffs the D carried us, when Ryan Struggles he doesn't have that luxury.

I still like both kids, i think they will be fantastic QBs in the NFL.

They will be the Tom brady/Peyton Manning of their times, hopefully Joe turns out to be the Brady.. :D
    Ryan's defense gave him two points. He couldn't give them anything!!!!!
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Not really? It wasn't an opinion, it was a fact. Flacco has a playoff QB rating of 61.6; Ryan's stats today rate a 71.1. If Flacco duplicates Ryan's outing when we play the Texans, Flacco's postseason QB rating climbs.

Yes, Flacco has had a few games better than that and a few worse than that.
    Still, the only number that matters for Ryan is 0-4.

9. Re: Flacco vs Ryan

Bottom line is.... This is gonna be hard for some to hear but here it goes.

No playoff victory matters unless the big one. The team that losses the Superbowl is no better than the team with the #1 pick in the draft simple as that.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Dude, people around don't really like Ryan, because a lot of times he is compared to Joe. If you're gonna sit here and tell me that's not true, you're lying simple as that.
    I hate him because he used to kick MD's ass when he was at BC. And then I hated him more when ESPN anointed him the next great one.

Still, the only number that matters for Ryan is 0-4.
    Not really, but I can see why you will claim that. Dilfer > Marino, you say.

What is a lot of times?

http://ravens24x7.com/forum/search.php?searchid=5191

This is only thread dedicated to a Ryan v.s. Flacco debate, once again (like you always do) your exaggerating the issue