Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Blog Entries

PFT picking Texans to beat Cinci this weekend.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ld-card-picks/

That would mean that Houston would come to Baltimore assuming the Steelers beat Denver.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: PFT picking Texans to beat Cinci this weekend.

If Houston won they would come to Bmore regardless of the outcome of PIT/DEN. This would be great and it's what I hope for, but I don't see it happening.

Blog Entries

That is the way that I see it happening. Part of the reason why the Ravens were so successful at the running the ball against the Bengals is, because they were very concerned about Torrey Smith. Andre Johnson is another animal, in comparison. He may not have Flacco throwing him the ball, but cannot be covered one-on-one.

This comes down to how the Bengals, who let T.J. Yates drive down at the end of the game and beat them in their own house, are going to stop Foster and Tate.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I actually consider the Cincy-Houston match to be a toss-up. Two rookie QB's facing each other in a playoff game. Dalton is more polished than Yates but the Texans can offset that advantage in other areas. Who to root for? That depends on whether you'd rather draw the Steelers or the Texans at M&T next weekend. I suppose I'd prefer the Texans, if only because I consider it a very hard road to beat both Pittsburgh AND New England in order to reach the SB.

I see Houston winning rather easily...

Blog Entries

Alright, let's take this, one step at a time.

How will Cincinnati stop Arian Foster and Ben Tate?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Stopping Foster & Tate will have to be Job 1 for Mike Zimmer, particularly if Foster is 100%. That said, Cincy is a Top 10 defense (9th against the pass, 10th against the run, 7th overall). The real problem for them is how to win -- or at least hold their own -- in the trench war against Houston's O-line. If they can't, look for Houston's running game to have a big day.

Cinci is not beating Houston in Houston.

They have the tools, but it aint happenin'. Cinci will be kickin' our ass next year, though. 3rd to 1st is the usual AFC North annual cycle :-/
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Alright, let's take this, one step at a time.

How will Cincinnati stop Arian Foster and Ben Tate?
    Bengals have the #7 ranked defense and are top 10 against the run. They stop them the same way they've stopped other teams. Peko forces them to the outside where Howard and Lawson clean them up. If that doesn't work then they're in trouble.

Houston's D should limit Cincy. I think it's a low scoring game with a lot of Fg's.

Hou 16 Cin 13

Cincy is simply not going to all of a sudden learn how to win pressure games. With a chance to win and get in, they lost because they couldn't take away the one surefire threat the Ravens had on offense and if it weren't for injuries to Smitty, Brendan and even McClain, they would've been routed at home.

Houston is going to run and pass on them and the Texans defense is going to get pressure on Dalton to cause turnovers.

Houston wins by a TD or more.

Blog Entries

Doesn't Houston like to run a lot of stretch plays though?