Blog Entries

Worst tackling display I have ever seen

I feel like I need to take a shower after watching this Detroit - NO game. Thank goodness we get to watch REAL NFL defenses play in the AFC North. For now, at least. If this is what football is going to become in the next decade, I will stop watching.

Re: Worst tackling display I have ever seen

Offensive records are being broken left and right, even by back up quarterbacks, and they are flagging any defensive player who tackles a receiver right after they catch the ball. What, is the defender supposed to let the receiver run 5 yards down field and count to 5 Mississippi's before trying to make a tackle?

Blog Entries

A lot of these offensive records have to do with some of the worst defenses ever seen on an NFL field. The Detroit defense is not an NFL-caliber defense. Period. The Saints were going for 4th downs anywhere on the field, like there was no tomorrow, because they do not have an NFL defense, either. This was just a strange game, maybe the strangest I have watched. GB is crowned as the best team in the NFL, with a defense ranked 32th in the league, and if they can be worse than this Detroit defense, then they ARE bad. If this is going to become the norm in the NFL, I am out as a fan.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    I feel like I need to take a shower after watching this Detroit - NO game. Thank goodness we get to watch REAL NFL defenses play in the AFC North. For now, at least. If this is what football is going to become in the next decade, I will stop watching.
    +1

That wasn't football last night. That was a video game. I hope one of the top defenses left win the Super Bowl.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Other than San Fransisco, the vast majority of quality defenses are in the AFC. Brian Billick commented on this new idea that the best QBs are, for the most part, in the NFC now. A sort of changing of the guards. However, all of the best defenses, sans San Fransisco, are in the AFC.

Put those NFC QBs in the AFC North full-time and see what happens.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

The sad thing is, I don't think it's the rules making these defenses suck so bad. Honestly, the rules haven't affected how teams can run the ball, but the Ravens #2 ranked rush defense is giving up something like 90 yards per game. That's not really all that great.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    The sad thing is, I don't think it's the rules making these defenses suck so bad. Honestly, the rules haven't affected how teams can run the ball, but the Ravens #2 ranked rush defense is giving up something like 90 yards per game. That's not really all that great.
    Agreed. The rules do not explain the abysmal tackling seen yesterday either. Perhaps the best athletes just don't want to Play defense anymore in high- school and college. Thank ESPN for that.

Blog Entries

Nice to see that others think the same. What did the Saints had, something like 700 yards of offense?

Blog Entries

It was somewhere in the sixes.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore