Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: Ravens open as 7.5 point favorites, quickly bet up to 9

Quote Originally Posted by timmyonfleet View Post
    Ravens never blow teams out. That's just not how they run the offense. They win with ball control and great defense. I see a 1 possession game that comes down to the 4th quarter with a Baltimore victory. It will be a more dominant victory than the score will indicate. If I was betting I would def take Houston.
    Week 1 won by 28
    Week 3 won by 30
    Week 4 won by 17
    Week 6 vs Hou won by 15
    Week 13 won by 14
    Week 14 won by 14

I think you are wrong! 14+ point win in the NFL are blowouts.
    Hating Steeler Fans Since Birth

Section 126, Row 33

Lets Go Flacco :happyanim

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    This, people around here are acting like we might as well chalk up a win.. It will be a tough game, we have to bring our A game to win this. We need week 1 pittsburgh Ravens.... and not Jacksonville Ravens
    Why shouldn't people act this will be an easy win, we have not lost at home, the first time we played Hou they had a much much better QB and still lost by 15, IMO I do not see any way the Ravens lose to the Texans!

Section 126, Row 33

iggyman555 Guest

im confident but not cocky. this should be a good game and a ravens win. the biggest matchup will be our O line vs their D line

Quote Originally Posted by Rayvens52 View Post
    Week 13 won by 14
    Week 14 won by 14

I think you are wrong! 14+ point win in the NFL are blowouts.
    So if a team is ahead by a TD all game and late in the 4th quarter, they score another TD, they have now blown out the other team?

Makes no sense, IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Filmstudy View Post
    I am seeing -7.5 on all the online books in Oddschecker now. There were 2 with even odds at -8 this morning, but I never noticed -9 with even odds anywhere.

Here is something I find interesting. The best decimal payoff on the Steelers today is 1.28 (you win $0.28 for every $1 bet). The best payoff on the Ravens is $1.29. So in essence, the betting public seems to think the Ravens next week are as likely to win as the Steelers are today versus Denver.
    ML typically sets the point spreads, which is a common misperception among sports fans...most think they're independent. Though with the Steelers at 28 and Ravens at 29, it's interesting to see them indicating the Steelers are bigger favorites even though the spread says otherwise.

- C -
    Last edited by psuasskicker; 01-08-2012 at 04:57 PM.
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

BTW, I did see Ravens -9 at Pinnacle...think I like the thought of a sweet middle buying the six points to get Ravens -1.5 and Texans +9 if I could buy at Pinnacle.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    So if a team is ahead by a TD all game and late in the 4th quarter, they score another TD, they have now blown out the other team?

Makes no sense, IMO.
    That was not the case in either of those 2 games, I hear what you are saying and obviously you have to look at the whole picture of game. Most 14+ point victories are dominated by the winning team. My main point was to the guy who said the Ravens never blow anyone out.

Section 126, Row 33

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    ... The Ravens are rested and if we get a big lead I highly doubt we ease up in the second half.
    I hope you're right, but recent history disagrees. Look at some of the games where the Ravens had a 2 score lead, then played it close to the vest (but won anyway). Use the 2 Bengals games, and the last Browns game as examples. Don't know if Cam reined in the offense, or it was some other reason, but these Ravens don't seem (except for early in the season Steelers, Rams, Jets, and Texans) to put teams away with a barrage of points in the second half. I for one, would like to sit back and enjoy a 17 point lead with under 5 minutes to go...so would my cardiologist :D ... Bc

9. Re: Ravens open as 7.5 point favorites, quickly bet up to 9

I would have taken 7.5 points in a heartbeat!