Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Stafford is the real deal

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens825 View Post
    I am not sold. Anyone with a WR that is as tall as CJ can toss jump balls out there all day long. Johnson makes him look better than he really is.
    OK...I'll buy that, and also that Rice made Montana look better, Berry made Unitas look better, Harrison made Manning look better, etc, etc.
    'Tis the way of the game.
    It's called symbiosis & teamwork.
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Quote Originally Posted by dscola31 View Post
    Nobody in the NFC plays defense. All if their numbers are inflated.
    Only one team in the NFC plays defense, the 49ers.

7 of the top 10 defenses are in the AFC.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

For his first playoff game, Stafford played well, but fell apart in the fourth quarter. If I am not mistaken, there were two NO turnovers that their offense did not turn into points, prior to the fourth quarter. Even though they should have had the defensive TD, the offense still had a chance to turn it into points. By the time he threw the third TD, the game was out of reach anyway.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    OK...I'll buy that, and also that Rice made Montana look better, Berry made Unitas look better, Harrison made Manning look better, etc, etc.
    'Tis the way of the game.
    It's called symbiosis & teamwork.
    Well, difference is that Unitas and Montana were SILLY accurate throwers, Stafford gets bailed out quite a bit by Johnson. All he has to do is chuck it up within five yards of Megatron and he finds a way to catch it.

That said, Stafford has had one HELL of a year. He still makes too many mistakes, but if he can curb that down, especially in close games, he's going to be a top five QB for many years to come.

but you can make the case that stafford throws it there b/c he believes 81 can go get it, much like johnny u threw it low and away b/c he believed berry would go get it. It's what you KNOW/BELIEVE about your wr. Do you think Stafford would throw the same balls to Titus Young?
    "CARPE LOMBARDI"

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    but you can make the case that stafford throws it there b/c he believes 81 can go get it, much like johnny u threw it low and away b/c he believed berry would go get it. It's what you KNOW/BELIEVE about your wr. Do you think Stafford would throw the same balls to Titus Young?
    Yeah.. he did and it got picked off.

Blog Entries

Stafford padded his stats late. They were stuck on fourteen for a while.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Megatron. he catches everything

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

I'm just turned off by the NFC. I give Rodgers his props, because he has already proved it against the Steelers in the Super Bowl. You have to respect Drew Brees as well and I like Eli Manning. However, most of their guys play in domes and the defenses over there are sad. I am just disinterested after a while. Meanwhile, some of the quarterbacks in the AFC don't get enough credit for the gauntlets they have to go through.

wow...some of you guys are unreal. The man has the 4th highest single season passing yards for a QB behind Brees, Brady and Marino. Padded or not you don't reach those numbers by throwing jump balls to #81. If that were true, why didn't #81 break the single season record by a receiver? Jump balls tp #81, are you kidding me?

Wasn't it two years ago when the Lions didn't win a game? I am not sure there are many qb's who could go into that terrible situation and turn a team around as quick as he did. Trust me, I am not a Stafford fan but I have to give credit where credit is due. For people to say that he padded his stats late or he throws jump balls is nuts. Did Brees pad his pad by throwing bombs while up by 17 with 4 minutes left? Stafford was behind and trying to win a playoff game. I certainly wouldn't say it was padding his stats. Hell, had they recovered the onsides kick there was still a chance.

Look at this stats and you feel that he makes too many mistakes? We have basically a second year guy with these numbers and people are saying they are not sold. simply wow.

yds avg td int
    2011 Detroit 16 97.2 421 663 63.5 5038 314.9 7.6 41 16

Blog Entries

Rob Parker had this right, he is a beast against the below average-average teams. How many games did they win against NFC playoff contenders, and how did he do in those games?

Whats the point? NE has a number 1 seed and how did they do against playoff teams? Weren't they 0-2? Is Brady not that good either? Isn't most of the teams in the NFL below average? Even at that, how good is Cincy (a playoff team) who was 0-6 against playoff teams and Denver who backed in? What is considered a good team? Does making the playoffs make you a good team or is it a 9-7 record although a team may have not won against a winning team like Cincy?

On the flip side, how nice would it have been if the Ravens and Flacco would be beasts against below average teams (Seattle and Jax)?

Rob Parker must be a smart guy but lets see how smart you are. Find me a single qb with better numbers against good teams than bad teams.

4th most single season yards of all time, more than Fouts, Moon, Montana, Peyton, etc and he doesn't do well against above average teams. Just a guess but I assume that Peyton hasn't done as well against better teams (8-9 playoff record) and every other QB that has played the game.