Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Be Careful What You Wish For...

Many here have declared their hope that Houston beat Cincy today instead of worrying about "yinz" coming to Baltimore next week.

But....

That's a healthier "D" than Pittsburgh. And maybe a healthier "O", even with a 3rd-string QB in Yates, because of the RB tandem & quality of Foster/Tate...and if you've paid attention, the Ravens have been prone to giving up yards to good backs.

So...

Tougher than we want next Sunday. Perhaps the worst possible matchup of the 3, given the circumstances.

Ravens 27 - Texans 25

Also: The Ravens have lost their last 2 home playoff games to AFC South opponents - Colts in '06 and Titans in '03...fwiw

Re: Be Careful What You Wish For...

The Ravens are healthier than the first game too with Grubbs, Smith and Evans.Flacco still had 300 yds passing with Rice have 100 yds rushing (with Gurode playing) against a fully healthy Texans D, the only person who made it a game was Schaub.

Blog Entries
    They have arguably the best Oline in the league plus those running backs so the key on defense is to limit the run plays. Very good D. I am hoping the difference comes down to Yates decision making.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

First of all comparing the teams from 03 and 06 is hugely silly. In 03 our best offensive players were in middle school.

Going into this game, Houston hadn't won since week 14 when they beat the same "winless against winning teams" Bengals in the last minute.

Arian Foster had less than 50 yards against us and that was with Matt Shaub. No way he does much better since we can drop Pollard into the box, let Ed and Webby handle Johnson, and then rotate Jimmy and Cary on the rest of their sub par receivers.

No, this is shaping up to be the standard pretender v contender beat down. Houston should enjoy today. They're not going to enjoy next Sunday.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369229,-76.761179
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    First of all comparing the teams from 03 and 06 is hugely silly. In 03 our best offensive players were in middle school.

Going into this game, Houston hadn't won since week 14 when they beat the same "winless against winning teams" Bengals in the last minute.

Arian Foster had less than 50 yards against us and that was with Matt Shaub. No way he does much better since we can drop Pollard into the box, let Ed and Webby handle Johnson, and then rotate Jimmy and Cary on the rest of their sub par receivers.

No, this is shaping up to be the standard pretender v contender beat down. Houston should enjoy today. They're not going to enjoy next Sunday.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369229,-76.761179
    Damn, dude. Those are fighting words.

Hell yea they are. I've been a moderate/ optimist all season. I was never as high on this team after a win as some folks, and I was never down after a loss. I knew we would get to the playoffs and I knew that nothing before that really mattered.

But now it's time. It's time to win a Superbowl and step one is beating the tar out of the Texans.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369114,-76.761179
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

I am expecting a beat down as well. I am predicting a 27-6 ass whipping with the score not telling the full story of how bad it will be. The fans are ready and the team is ready. It is true that we have lost our last 2 playoff games here but I think that Harbs is the difference over Billick. There was no way that we should have lost to the Colts in 06. We were as flat as can be. I was there and was in a state of depression for the next 2 weeks. I pray that this doesn't happen again. After the 2000 run Billick was a huge disapointment in the post season.

Probably similar to the game earlier in the season. Ravens begin to pull away as the game goes on, we're not a team that typically blows people out. We've played teams that ground 'n' pound with good D all season and have pretty much won them all, especially at home.

Colts of 2006 they ain't.

You can say that about any matchup really, if you nitpick it enough.

Nah, I won't be careful. Forget the way we flat out handled them WITH Schaub, TJ Yates alone makes me have no fear over this game.

Quote Originally Posted by suchonsports View Post
    Also: The Ravens have lost their last 2 home playoff games to AFC South opponents - Colts in '06 and Titans in '03...fwiw
    Pulled from the "Meaningless stats and trends" file.

The Texans' D is of course very good. So is ours. Ours is better than theirs. And our O is better than theirs.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Blog Entries

All I know is I can't wait until next Sunday 830am to start the tailgate, and more importantly 1pm for the game!
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"