Page 8 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Let's talk about Houston

Quote Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
    That is two posts in a row by you with rude, personally oriented comments directed towards me. If that is what passes for an intelligent or objectively minded discussion with you, then you would do well to think that through some more.

TJ Yates has played in seven professional football games. He is a rookie. He does make mistakes, as all NFL QB's do, regardless of their level of experience. However, he has been pretty good in protecting the ball and playing smart football. Is TJ Yates going to be the difference in the game on Sunday? Only if he screws up royally. But to be fair, I expect that the same can be said for Joe Flacco, who is currently not at any risk of receiving a pro bowl nod himself.
    You underestimate Joe Flacco at home (most teams and media do) I'd be foolish to count on Flacco being his usual inconsistent self at M and T because he's not that same QB, unlike Yates he's been in this situation before and he's played Top 10 defense all year long, there's is nothing the Texans have that he hasn't seen.

2. Re: Let's talk about Houston

I'm all about visiting fans coming to the forum to talk football, but it doesn't bring anything to the conversation when it's not an intelligent football conversation. Saying that the Texans D is better than the Ravens D is laughable by itself, but supporting it by using Yards/game makes it useless. Then, going a step further to say that Yates won't make any mistakes with any assurance is laughable.

I respect the Texans - that defense is impressive, AJ is a beast, and Arian Foster has been great. But this is a team with a mid-round rookie QB that hasn't been able to even make it into the playoffs for several years with Schaub. The Ravens have been here before, Flacco has done this playoff thing quite a few times. The Ravens opened as favorites by a TD. I'm not the only one saying you shouldn't be confident.

Quote Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
    That is two posts in a row by you with rude, personally oriented comments directed towards me. If that is what passes for an intelligent or objectively minded discussion with you, then you would do well to think that through some more.
    You are absolutely spot on, mojoman. You have more class, sense, and character in your little toenail than Hokie does in his entire, enormous, bloated ego.

Geez, Hokie, act like a grown up and use some good manners with the guests, especially those who don't flame.

Quote Originally Posted by festivus View Post
    Welcome to the board, Mojoman.

I'm happy for you and the other Texans fans that you've had this taste of postseason success. And who knows; it may very well continue through Baltimore and deeper into the postseason.

But the Bengals, who you were playing at home, were winless against teams with winning records, iirc. And now, having beaten them, the Texans are going to an away game at Baltimore, which has been perfect at home this season and went 6-0 against teams now in the playoffs.

Could the Texans win? Sure. They're good. But don't mistake the Ravens away for the Bengals at home.
    Thank you. We are all very excited here in Houston. It has been a long time coming, with much wailing and gnashing of teeth in the interim.

The Texans are not going to underestimate the Baltimore Ravens or take them for granted. The Ravens are an excellent football team, which will be rightly favored to win this football game. The Texans will have their work cut out for them in Baltimore. Everyone here has great respect for the Ravens, as they have established themselves as an excellent football team over quite a few years now.

But there comes a time when the young bull challenges the old for the top spot and there is a changing of the guard. Is that going to happen this year in this game? I hope so, but it will be a very impressive win by the Texans if they can pull it off. Obviously, nobody expects that the Ravens are going to go down without a fight.

Quote Originally Posted by baltimore_hokie View Post
    I'm all about visiting fans coming to the forum to talk football, but it doesn't bring anything to the conversation when it's not an intelligent football conversation.
    You are the judge of intelligence? Now that's a good one. Why don't you do the intelligent and mature thing and apologize now?

Blog Entries

I gotta say, this Houston fan has come here and been nothing but respectful, and he, in turn, deserves some better treatment. Some of you need to grow up, and stop embarrassing yourselves, and the rest of us with you.

Houston oh Houston how I love thee. This is the best possible match up other than getting Tebow.

However they aren't a pushover.

1) Duane Brown v. Terrell Suggs very clearly went to Brown the first go round.

2) JJ Watt vs. Bryant McKinnie and Michael Oher is going to be a nightmare.

3) Joe Flacco absolutely can't get away with holding the ball in this game. The one thing you can't do is give a QB like TJ Yates a short field. No stupid fumbles.

Blog Entries

Lot of you guys think the Ravens are going to crush them; when have they done that? Look at the Browns on Christmas Eve - 6 point win.

I think the Ravens can win this game if they control the run game of Houston and limit the turnovers by the Ravens offense. However these teams are in the 2nd week of the playoffs for a reason.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Mojo,

Here is the issue that I think you are missing. The Ravens already know how the Texans are going to try and establish Foster and Tate. They stopped it once enough the first time and the Ravens run similar plays on offense. Yates will have to take chances to score and rookies going against this defense, in this stadium, do not fare well. One major reason for that is Ed Reed. You can look at the stats that show Reed not getting as many interceptions as usual, but you would only be fooling yourself. You are not going to score enough on this defense without challenging Reed. The Ravens have better CBs than the Bengals and stop the run better than the Bengals.

The other issue here and that you are underestimating how much better Joe Flacco has played at home.

For you guys, Andre Johnson did not play in the last game. For the Ravens, Ben Grubbs (Former Pro-Bowler) did not play for the Ravens and their offensive line has looked much better since he has returned, especially at home.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

10. Re: Let's talk about Houston

Its gonna be a hell of a game, i don't expect a blow out either way. I just think this game will fall on Joe, which Joe shows up, because you better believe the Texans will be selling out to stop Ray Rice. If 4th quarter Pittsburgh Joe shows up, watch out. Joe usually plays well at home, hopefully that continues.

Cant wait.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Blog Entries

It will be interesting to see who Phillips puts Joseph on. Does he take away Smith and force Flacco to throw to the TEs and Boldin? Does he take away Boldin and force Flacco to hit Smith? Do the Ravens challenge Joseph anyway?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I don't look for an early knock-out, its not really our MO and Houston has a great defense....
    Way Down South in New Orleans