Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Let's talk about Houston

Houston's offense, especially with Yates is pretty vanilla. They are going to try to run off tackle and play action off that.

Yates will not get away with too many of those lollipop throws like he did to Johnson for the long TD.. And he's lucky he got away with Cincy dropping a potential pick 6 just before that..

If we can't beat a rookie QB after a bye week, we don't belong in the playoffs at all.

Yates a rookie with few starts and his line will be severly limited by crowd noise and the defense of course.

Let us remember, Suggs at home is a completely different animal. Couldn't do it with Schaub, can't do it with Yates. Apparently Cam was at the game tonight. I hope he took notes.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Boulderraven View Post
    Yates a rookie with few starts and his line will be severly limited by crowd noise and the defense of course.
    It will be insanely loud. I'm already prepared to not have a voice once again for a few days.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

I'm confident we will win but will it be the convincing win everybody's expecting? I sure hope so but don't think it will happen. I'm going to remain cautiously optimistic. I remember the buildup to the Colts game and how we came out flat. That memory still haunts me personally.

I am optimistic that the Ravens will take care of business. But according to Texan fans, the Ravens shouldn't even come to play. They are talking a blow out already.

7. Re: Let's talk about Houston

I'm not expecting a blow out, i'm expecting a good game. Just hope we play as well as we can.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by Sideswipe View Post
    I am optimistic that the Ravens will take care of business. But according to Texan fans, the Ravens shouldn't even come to play. They are talking a blow out already.
    They really are though, I've peaked at a few of the Texans forums and they're confident to the point of delusion, I hope its just the high from winning the first playoff game in franchise history.

Those message board snipets are pretty representative of how things are in Houston.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but they are obnoxious.

Anything can happen, but you'd swear the Texans were going to play the JV team from St Joe next Sunday, given their overconfidence.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    They really are though, I've peaked at a few of the Texans forums and they're confident to the point of delusion, I hope its just the high from winning the first playoff game in franchise history.
    Link? I'd love to spend some time talking up the Ravens to the unwashed masses.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Where are you seeing the overconfident fans?

I browse http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/ a lot and they're a good bunch over there, good football debate

Is there another Texans forum? That's the only one I know

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Where are you seeing the overconfident fans?

I browse http://www.texanstalk.com/forums/ a lot and they're a good bunch over there, good football debate

Is there another Texans forum? That's the only one I know
    http://boards.houstontexans.com/forumdisplay.php?f=7

Threads already inquiring about the the AFCG and having another home playoff, being pretty confident in a win next week