Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 LastLast

Re: Let's talk about Houston

Quote Originally Posted by htown6274 View Post
    Ok I get it. Texans D is their #1 strength but not really that good even though it's one of the most highly rated in the NFL across numerous categories, but our O is irrelevant despite having one of the best running games and arguably the best receiver in the league.

Your D is amazing despite also losing to some crappy teams and your O is better than ours because you have an expeienced but inconsistent QB but he plays lights out at home. Ravens 70, Texans 0. Why bother playing?
    Stop exaggerating, nobody has said that. You talked up your teams strength, we talked about ours.

Ok I get it. Texans D is their #1 strength but not really that good even though it's one of the most highly rated in the NFL across numerous categories, but our O is irrelevant despite having one of the best running games and arguably the best receiver in the league.

Your D is amazing despite also losing to some crappy teams and your O is better than ours because you have an expeienced but inconsistent QB but he plays lights out at home. Ravens 70, Texans 0. Why bother playing?
    70-0? Nah. I'll say 27-17.

Cuz it's more fun to argue points than to blow sunshine up each other's butts. I'm not mad bro, just realistic

Blog Entries

It's pretty tough to convince me that your team is going to win when a) The Ravens already beat the Texans at home with a much better QB playing b) Your 'substantially improved defense' got crapped on by the Colts just a few weeks ago c)the Ravens are undefeated at home

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Stop exaggerating, nobody has said that. You talked up your teams strength, we talked about ours.

He is mad because he came here thinking he is gonna convince all of Ravens nation how the Texans are better than the Ravens and how they will go into M&T and beat them because they have a improved defense from the first game. Same DC, same players, but much improved. Heck This thread has given Texans more props than I have ever seen and yet this guy is still crying.

Ok I get it. Texans D is their #1 strength but not really that good even though it's one of the most highly rated in the NFL across numerous categories
    I don't think anyone is saying that. I certainly am not. I am only pointing out that a very good defense does not equate with a Ravens loss. The Ravens have proven they can beat a very good defense. The Texans defense definitely serves them well in this game, but it is not the trump card that the Texans fans seem to want it to be.

but our O is irrelevant despite having one of the best running games and arguably the best receiver in the league.
    Again, I don't think anyone is saying that. I certainly am not. Actually, I think the Ravens defense will give a lot of respect to Foster and make Yates beat them. If Johnson had Schaub throwing to him, that would make the Ravens play them more straight up.

Your D is amazing despite also losing to some crappy teams..
    Like the Texans, it is pretty good, but it can be exposed by QBs with strong arms. I am having a hard time envisioning Yates as being "that" guy.

and your O is better than ours because you have an expeienced but inconsistent QB but he plays lights out at home. Ravens 70, Texans 0. Why bother playing?
    Again, nobody said that.

These Texans fans remind me of the Buccaneers fans that came on the board a couple years ago. They don't know how to act when their team wins a few games, and we see how things went for Tampa.

And I'm not comparing the two teams at all (the Texans are much better than the Bucs were, obviously), but the attitudes are eerily similar.

Christ htown... go find your bottle and blankie and come back when you've had a nap.

No one has said you suck. We have said that your strengths, a good 3-4 defense and a power running game, match up poorly against us. We play 3-4 defenses all the time and we've hung plenty of points and yards on Ds as good and better than yours. Including yours earlier in the season. And if there's one thing you can count on our D doing, it's knocking running games off track. Including yours earlier in the season.

Meanwhile, we are rightfully confident that Joe Flacco will play well based on his career history of playing well at home. We are confident that our D will play well based on their history of playing well in the postseason, playing well at home, playing well against rookie QBs, and playing well coming off the bye.

We are rightfully confident that we will win based on our history or NOT losing our first playoff game under Harbaugh, of NOT losing coming off the bye under Harbaugh, and NOT losing games at home under Harbaugh (27-5 at home)

From our perspective, there are a lot of signs pointing to you guys walking into a buzzsaw. You don't have to agree with that evidence, but I can promise you, we do.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

9. Re: Let's talk about Houston

Quote Originally Posted by GirlsKickButt View Post
    But we play in a division that put 3 teams in the playoffs and all 4 teams in our division were in the Top 10 in D. We beat them all twice. We went 6 - 0 against playoff teams. And most importantly, we are home. We, the fans will be ear-shatteringly loud. The Texan's O will have a tough time hearing anything, and we don't need to close a dome to be loud. The Ravens feed off of us and we off them. They gave us a home playoff game for the first time in 6 years and we will be showing them our gratitude come Sunday.

Ravens 26 Texans 16
    Testify!!!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Are you a member of the Houston Ravens fan group?

We meet every game day at Pub Fiction on Smith Street in Midtown.
    I was until I had to delete my facebook account. Is that where they meet now? I went two the first two games where they met at bww in the heights but, work and the drive prevented me from doing so on a weekly basis. Are you guys meeting their on Sunday? Have you guys been getting a good turnout?

And Texans were 3-2 against playoff teams with the two losses against teams that are likely to end up in conference championship games. Yes you won head-to-head. Yes you have home field advantage. But this is not a mismatch.

It's funny too how some will glorify your victories over AFC North opponents and dismiss ours

Quote Originally Posted by Stone View Post
    I was until I had to delete my facebook account. Is that where they meet now? I went two the first two games where they met at bww in the heights but, work and the drive prevented me from doing so on a weekly basis. Are you guys meeting their on Sunday? Have you guys been getting a good turnout?
    15-20 or so usually show up. Yes, the group is meeting up this Sunday. Come on by!
    WARNING: This post may contain material offensive to those who lack wit, humor, common sense and/or supporting factual or anecdotal evidence. All statements and assertions contained herein may be subject to literary devices not limited to: irony, metaphor, allusion and dripping sarcasm.

And Texans were 3-2 against playoff teams with the two losses against teams that are likely to end up in conference championship games. Yes you won head-to-head. Yes you have home field advantage. But this is not a mismatch.

It's funny too how some will glorify your victories over AFC North opponents and dismiss ours
    It's the effing playoffs dude, there are no such things as mismatches this time of year.

I haven't seen anyone on here "dismiss" the Texans victories vs. playoff teams. Clearly you're tring to start sh*t here w/ each post.

Wait so your surprised how some in your opponents forum glories their own teams victories and trivializes their opponents victories?

Huh?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Are you a member of the Houston Ravens fan group?
    We meet every game day at Pub Fiction on Smith Street in Midtown.
    Hey, is this thread is about you "Re: Let's talk about Houston"? ... Bc