Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Game Over! Houston Is Coming To Baltimore!

Quote Originally Posted by Dragz View Post
    While I'm glad that we face Houston and Pissburgh and New England get to beat the dog sh*t out of each other, I wouldn't call it a slam dunk that we'll win. Foster is no whore and Houston's defense is REAL. Their line can apply pressure and they can take away the deep ball. We'll have to play at a high level for 60 MINUTES to win this game. The break is over, time to put in work.
    I agree that the Ravens will have to play at a high level but Houston's not coming into Baltimore and run all over the Ravens. For them to have a chance, they'll have to pass.

In addition, Flacco went long a few times and threw for over 300 yards and Ray Rice ran for 100.

This despite the Ravens being -2 in the TO category and Suggs being a non factor.

Barring turnovers putting the defense in a short field, the Ravens should have a relatively routine victory.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/201110...ecap=fullstory

Blog Entries

Re: Let's talk about Houston

Did we have Grubbs the last time we played those guys? I don't think we did and we still managed to put up 29 on them. My only concern was Andre Johnson being back but that's a wash because of Yates.

Playing at home in front of a playoff crowd is totally different than being on the road in front of a playoff crowd, especially one that has been denied playoff games for 5 years. Houston won't know what hit em.

We'll be rested and stoked for a home playoff game. I won't overlook the Texans but I think our defense will bring the wood big time and we will win. Ravens win by 13. Ravens 23-10

Doubt Yates on the road vs the Raven defense will do much. Ravens should win, but that's why they play the games. Bengals moved the ball pretty well for a young team on the road in a very loud hostile environment. Bet ravens open as a 8-9 PT favorite.

Quote Originally Posted by Corey View Post
    Did we have Grubbs the last time we played those guys? I don't think we did and we still managed to put up 29 on them. My only concern was Andre Johnson being back but that's a wash because of Yates.

Playing at home in front of a playoff crowd is totally different than being on the road in front of a playoff crowd, especially one that has been denied playoff games for 5 years. Houston won't know what hit em.
    Grubbs, Evans and J. Smith were out for that game, the Ravens are much more healthy this time around.

6. Re: Let's talk about Houston

Like i said before i wont bet ob a rookie qb vs our d but its gonna be a good game...
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

I think they will come out a little overwhelmed and flat against us at our place. The key is an early lead and force them to throw the ball. I don't think they can run on us like they did tonight at home in good conditions. Cincys inexperience showed big time and the better team won. Next week will be our turn. Two weeks to rest my voice and new fingernail growth , Im good to go. No turnovers for us and 2 for them Ravens 23-13. We could score more but Cam won't let us.

Blog Entries

While I certainly think this Ravens team will win, I think their Defense knows they have to play lights out to keep them in this game. Hopefully Cam saw some things he can use to exploit their pass rushing attack.

Texans don't scare me. They are a good team but they aren't Ravens level. Playoff time now baby!

Ravens third in the league with 48 sacks
    Texans are good too in sixth with 44 sacks

I've no reason to doubt our Oline but it's a better pash rush then we've faced most weeks

Quote Originally Posted by mrfactoid View Post
    I think they will come out a little overwhelmed and flat against us at our place. The key is an early lead and force them to throw the ball.
    I disagree.

Because the Texans played here last Oct they'll be prepared for the raucous crowd and they'll be ready. I also think unless the Ravens go up 3 TD's, the Texans will stick with the run. The big thing is that I think the game will be a little too big for TJ Yates who'll make some mistakes and simply won't be able to carry them when they need him to.

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Ravens third in the league with 48 sacks
    Texans are good too in sixth with 44 sacks

I've no reason to doubt our Oline but it's a better pash rush then we've faced most weeks
    They held them to two sacks last October and this was without Ben Grubbs. The Ravens are going to be ready for whatever they have to offer.