Page 11 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213 ... LastLast

Re: Let's talk about Houston

All these Houston fans did was listen to ESPN before they posted here. Here's guessing they waited a spell for any Ravens' coverage.

Quote Originally Posted by htown6274 View Post
    If you think its the same D from October than you'll be surprised. Transition from 4-3 to 3-4 took some time to hit on all cylinders. We have the best front 7 in the NFL right now and will for years to come since they are all young and not near retirement like yours.
    Ray Lewis is the only one near retirement.

Blog Entries

Lol at the Texans fans talking about their defense.

Is that the same defense that let Flacco put up 300+ and Rice 150+? O wait that was a long time ago right?

Ok so is this the same defense that let Hasselbeck put up just about 300 yards, or how about Wayne catching for over 100 yards with Orlovsky throwing the ball.

Or how about since than MJD, Benson and Tate putting up a hair shy of 100 yards in rushing, all of which averaging 5+ YPC.

Is THAT the Houston Defense thats supposed to scare us? Just wondering. me think's you better be more worried about your offense who got shut down with a much much better QB under center, and now you're throwing a rookie out there against Ed Reed and Co.

Lol keep dreaming if you think your team has any chance at the Vault.

Edit: Oh and 11/20 and a buck fifty by your QB isn't gonna get it done here.

These are the same fans that are calling into talk radio here.

Can't blame them though. They are playoff noobs.

5. Re: Let's talk about Houston

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Lol at the Texans fans talking about their defense.

Is that the same defense that let Flacco put up 300+ and Rice 150+? O wait that was a long time ago right?

Ok so is this the same defense that let Hasselbeck put up just about 300 yards, or how about Wayne catching for over 100 yards with Orlovsky throwing the ball.

Or how about since than MJD, Benson and Tate putting up a hair shy of 100 yards in rushing, all of which averaging 5+ YPC.

Is THAT the Houston Defense thats supposed to scare us? Just wondering. me think's you better be more worried about your offense who got shut down with a much much better QB under center, and now you're throwing a rookie out there against Ed Reed and Co.

Lol keep dreaming if you think your team has any chance at the Vault.
    It is the same defense that gave up fewer total yards from scrimmage this season than the Baltimore Ravens. You can try to spin that how you want to, but the numbers don't lie.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/statistics/te...e/seasontype/2

And the Texans have improved substantially on defense since week six. Joe Flacco and your boys are going to be in for a rude awakening on that score. I just hope that the Ravens coaches are taking the same superior attitude in their preparations that some Raven fans are here in this thread. If they are, then the Texans probably are going to win this one.

Personally, I am going to cut the Texan fans some slack: They've just won their first playoff game in convincing fashion. The sky should be the limit.

That said, what is the old adage? "You are never as good as you look when you win." This is a Texans team that lost to the Colts and the Panthers in December.

I do think the Texans will present a very tough opponent for the Ravens, but unless the Ravens beat themselves with turnovers, and that could certainly happen, I think the Ravens will win a close one.

Yards?!?!

Take a look at which D has given up more POINTS and get back us.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by htown6274 View Post
    If you think its the same D from October than you'll be surprised. Transition from 4-3 to 3-4 took some time to hit on all cylinders. We have the best front 7 in the NFL right now and will for years to come since they are all young and not near retirement like yours.
    Wow, hyperbole much? Congrats on one playoff win but it will be the last for a while. At least you can smack talk Dallas fans this year.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Wow, these Houston fans are awfully confident, are they? I expect you Texans' fans to be somewhat confident, or cautiously optimistic. You have every reason to be. But to think that somehow, you'll be able to beat a team that has been in the playoffs 4 straight years, on the road in a stadium where their opponent has gone 8 - 0, should at least give you pause.

Look, I'm happy for the Texans and their fans. They had a great season and I will be enjoying a road trip there next year, but the overconfidence is mind-boggling.

The Ravens, as I mentioned, are 8 - 0 at home this year. Our offense has played every top 10 defense in the NFL and beat all but one (Jax). We are at full strength at all positions. Flacco has faced the 3 - 4 more than the 4 - 3 and is 27 - 5 at home in his career. Ray Rice had over 100 yards against your D in our last meeting at M&T and Boldin had over 100 yards. Our top CB, Webb, has not given up a TD pass all year. Suggs is in the running for DPOY and has 14 sacks on the year. Then there is Ed Reed, who saves his some of his best performances for the playoffs (see Miami 4 years ago) and Ray Lewis, who knows his second ring is three games away.

I will give you that Adrian Foster is a beast, you have a very good OL and AJ is probably the 2nd or 3rd best WR in the NFL. Your D is filled with talent from Barwin, to Watt, to Reed, to Cushing, to Joseph.

But we play in a division that put 3 teams in the playoffs and all 4 teams in our division were in the Top 10 in D. We beat them all twice. We went 6 - 0 against playoff teams. And most importantly, we are home. We, the fans will be ear-shatteringly loud. The Texan's O will have a tough time hearing anything, and we don't need to close a dome to be loud. The Ravens feed off of us and we off them. They gave us a home playoff game for the first time in 6 years and we will be showing them our gratitude come Sunday.

Ravens 26 Texans 16

Quote Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
    It is the same defense that gave up fewer total yards from scrimmage than the Baltimore Ravens. You can try to spin that how you want to, but the numbers don't lie.

And the Texans have improved substantially on defense since week six. Joe Flacco and your boys are going to be in for a rude awakening on that score. I just hope that the Ravens coaches are taking the same superior attitude in their preparations that some Raven fans are here i this thread. If they are, then the Texans probably are going to win this one.
    That's fine, I don't care about the season stats, I care more about the head to head stats. And against the Texans THIS YEAR, the Ravens had a very good offensive day. That was without Ben Grubbs. And that was with a much better QB at the helm for the Texans.

You can say "they are much better than before" but that's not quantifiable. How much better? 5 points better? 7 points better? And what, you think the Ravens offense hasn't improved since week 6?

How did your defense look 2-3 weeks ago against the Colts? That is much more recent than week 6 and they looked like garbage against Dan Orlovsky. Like someone said before you're never as good as your best day.

Matchups are very important here and as we saw in week 6, the matchups favor the Ravens. I just don't see the Ravens dropping this one. With Matt Schaub in, this would be pretty much an even pick 'em game. But is the defense really good enough to keep Flacco to 10-13 points? Because I don't see Yates putting up a whole lot on offense.

Curious - what do you think Ravens record would be if you lost Suggs for 3/4 of the season, Boldin for 1/2 the season, Rice for 1/4 and Flacco for 1/3? 10-6 or better? And don't give me that AFC South crap because we beat everybody else in your division. And save the Manning talk because he is now irrelevant.

Point is this team has way more mental toughness than anyone not in Houston realizes. Like I said - respect is earned and I get that. Nobody cares because why would they? It takes more than one season. But this season has been special and if you think it is IMPOSSIBLE for the Texans to win because they suck so bad or are too limited with Yates at QB you're wrong. But.. we'll see. Can't wait for Sunday

Quote Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
    It is the same defense that gave up fewer total yards from scrimmage this season than the Baltimore Ravens. You can try to spin that how you want to, but the numbers don't lie.

And the Texans have improved substantially on defense since week six. Joe Flacco and your boys are going to be in for a rude awakening on that score. I just hope that the Ravens coaches are taking the same superior attitude in their preparations that some Raven fans are here in this thread. If they are, then the Texans probably are going to win this one.
    Awwww, its so cute you guys are proud of the new and improved D :D, 2 things:

1. The Ravens have beaten the team with the # 1 defense.....twice (in addition to the # 2 and # 4, # 5 and # 7)

2. You can pound home all day the fact tat you guys gave up less yards from scrimmage (a whopping51 yards) but the one that really matters is PPG, and Ravens are better than the Texans.