Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 171819

Re: Let's talk about Houston

Quote Originally Posted by Texan fan View Post
    I also thought of this this morning. The Texans have no pressure. Everybody expects us to lose. Texan fans will still think, with the injuries we have had this season, that this was a great season if we lose to the #2 seed on their field with our #3 QB. On the other hand, y'all will see the Ravens as a huge disappointment if y'all lose to us, at home, in your first playoff game after working all year to securing a first round bye, against a 3rd string QB. We should be loose coming into this game. We'll all just have to wait until Sunday. I think it could go either way.
    Either way? No...the Ravens are the better team and there is a reason they are 7.5 pt favorites. That doesn't guarantee a win - in fact, I don't think they will cover the spread and it will be close.

Regarding pressure, this Ravens team has played 7 playoff games over the last 3 years, all on the road, and had to win just about every game in late November and into December to win the division. They may lose, but I don't think it will be because they succumbed to the pressure of playing in the playoffs.

Blog Entries

With LSU/Alabama, you saw some missed field goals the first time around. You had something.

This time, the Texans do have a defense that has more experience, particularly with Brooks Reed. They have now got used to playing without their best offensive and defensive player, although Johnson played last week and will play Sunday.

However, the last time, Ben Grubbs, didn't play, Jimmy Smith didn't play. Joe Flacco took some big hits and still threw for 300. The offensive line struggled running the ball, but still managed 100 yards for Ray Rice. There was a blown coverage in the secondary by Benard Pollard. There were three Texans fumbles that were not recovered by the defense. The Ravens played some bad red zone offense. Yet, they still won by two TDs.

Then again, that is why they play the games.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by MojoMan View Post
    But there comes a time when the young bull challenges the old for the top spot and there is a changing of the guard. Is that going to happen this year in this game? I hope so, but it will be a very impressive win by the Texans if they can pull it off. Obviously, nobody expects that the Ravens are going to go down without a fight.
    Reminds me of an old joke. You're just making sure we know you're a bull.... Here's the joke if you've never heard it:

Three bulls heard via the grapevine that the rancher was going to bring yet another bull onto the ranch, and the prospect raised a discussion among them.

First Bull: "Boys, we all know I've been here 5 years. Once we settled our differences, we agreed on which 100 of the cows would be mine. Now, I don't know where this newcomer is going to get HIS cows, but I ain't givin' him any of mine."

Second Bull: "That pretty much says it for me, too. I've been here 3 years and have earned my right to the 50 cows we've agreed are mine. I'll fight him till I run him off or kill him, but I'M KEEPIN' ALL MY COWS."

Third Bull: "I've only been here a year, and so far you guys have only let me have 10 cows to "take care of". I may not be as big as you fellows (yet) but I am young and virile, so I simply MUST keep all MY cows."

They had just finished their big talk when an eighteen-wheeler pulls up in the middle of the pasture with only ONE ANIMAL IN IT: the biggest Son-of-Another-Bull these guys had ever seen! At 4700 pounds, each step he took toward the ground strained the steel ramp to the breaking point.

First Bull: "Ahem... You know, it's actually been some time since I really felt I was doing all my cows justice, anyway. I think I can spare a few for our new friend."

Second Bull: "I'll have plenty of cows to take care of if I just stay on the opposite end of the pasture from HIM. I'm certainly not looking for an argument."

They look over at their young friend, the 3rd bull, and find him pawing the dirt, shaking his horns, and snorting.

First Bull: "Son, let me give you some advice real quick. Let him have some of your cows and live to tell about it."

Third Bull: "Hell, he can have ALL my cows. I'm just making sure he knows I'M a bull!"

Seriously, though, may the best team win on Sunday and I hope those of you traveling up from Texas have a safe trip and enjoy Baltimore this weekend. As for the game, I'll let the players work that out Sunday at 1:00.

Quote Originally Posted by Texans_Chick View Post
    The Texans are very good at designing plays to exploit defensive stuff they see earlier in the game. Makes guys WIDE open.
    Three questions for you:

1) Who is your offensive coordinator?

2) Is his contract with the Texans ending soon?

3) Does he like crab cakes?