Blog Entries

DeCosta officially off the market to ever be a GM outside of Baltimore.

His new deal is paying him GM money and stipulates that he won't be on the market at all to become a GM anywhere else.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-baltimore/

NICE.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: DeCosta officially off the market to ever be a GM outside of Baltimore.

All that money, the money is the motive.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

That's interesting. We all knew DeCosta was paid very highly already, but sounds like another pay rise. They really want to keep him. I know Bisciotti has the money and is not afraid to use it, but it does make you wonder more and more... how long does Ozzie plan on being here? 2002 was when he was officially ordained as Ravens' GM, so it'll be ten years this year.

Blog Entries

As a fan, words cannot describe how great it is to have an owner like Steve Bisciotti.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Art and Biscuit are the saviors of pro football in Baltimore.

Biscuit's not afraid to open the wallet and pay people. Great news.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    Biscuit's not afraid to open the wallet and pay people. Great news.
    Meanwhile, somebody else has been avoiding major contracts like the plague since Albert Belle. Instead, he gives mediocre, but overpriced contracts to aging B-listers.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I liked the end of the Chicago Tribune report on Decosta rejecting the Bears yesterday: 'There were some concerns about the structure of the organization, however, and the team's budgetary reputation.' That can certainly be read into. Concerns over the 'structure' of making draft deals?

According to Peter King, 'DeCosta reasoning: He can't leave Ravens for life of multiyr deal. He will be heir to Ozzie. He's being pd like a GM. Great deal for him.' Sounds pretty concrete. Wonder how long the deal is?

Blog Entries

thank god for bisciotti he knows how to win

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Meanwhile, somebody else has been avoiding major contracts like the plague since Albert Belle. Instead, he gives mediocre, but overpriced contracts to aging B-listers.
    Have you been following that train wreck this offseason?

I'm very thank for SB!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    The major difference is Biscuit knows that in order to be successful you have to be willing to do whatever it takes (within reason). The NFL is set-up so that every team has a chance and only owners who are close minded and unyielding (Mike Brown, Bill Bidwell just to name a few) suffer a lack of success.

PGA wants to win HIS way which is basically to catch lightning in a bottle while continuing to make huge profits off the team. Unless he's virtually guaranteed that a FA will be successful he won't bid market value for the player let alone overbidding for his services which the O's must do since they are now viewed as the Siberia of MLB. He refuses to go into the Dominican or make his farm system top notch because he's not guaranteed that these young players will all pan out. A long time ago this dark hearted man decided that he was going to take his ball and go home rather than make the O's competitive but he ensured that he would make a ton of money doing it.

The only hope O's fans have is if he receives an offer for the team so far above its value that he simply can't refuse it. The only other hope is that his financial base is severely compromised but he has so many of his constituents on lock down that they fear legal retaliation. Even his death has no bearing because by all accounts his sons are just like him.

Imo i dont believe there is a timetable for Oz, i think everyone feels DeCosta can run the Ravens without missing a beat whenever Ozzie is done, and do so for a long time so Bisquit pony'd up to solidify the future of the franchise.