Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: D Mase retired?

Blog Entries

Re: D Mase retired?

Mase has a job on the NFL Network and on his first show they asked about
    Flacco and Sanchez.

He said there was no comparison. Sanchez is too up and down and Flacco
    as immensely improved. He'd take Joe any day of the week.

He's still fond of his ex-teammates.

Too bad Billick couldn't get him a ring in 06 with McNair
    and a 13-3 record.

I am not looking forward to dealing with Hiney as a commentator. Another Pissburgh homer.

I would have liked to see him back at yearend if for no other reason to get him that elisive ring....ande to let him retire in purple and black...My guess is he retires to Tennessee but I would enjoy hearing him doing radio talk during football season here in the Baltimore region

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    Mason is great to listen to and did a nice job on NFL Network last month. Did an interview on ESPN podcast too

I'm starting to dislike Heath Evans, get rid of him

Or sack Jamie Dukes, I honestly don't know how he has a job :grbac:

Mason would do a fine job, best of luck in whatever he plans to do

Edit: the face palm icon is called a grbac??? Admin up to some tricks ;)
    As annoying as Jamie Dukes can be, I'm really getting fed up with Deion Sanders. "I belieeeve in Eli", "Teeeebow", and dissing the Ravens at every turn. He is making it more and more difficult for me to watch NFLN.

Mason played well for us over the years. He always thought higher of himself than in reality he truly was. Constantly got penalties called against him for his lack of self discipline. I got off his bandwagon the day he screamed at Flacco and tugged on his face mask. You simply don't do that to your QB. His days were numbered after that and we can see the Ravens made the right decision. He had good hands, ran the out route great, but his lack of speed was rather obvious. Father time caught up with him.

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven View Post
    As annoying as Jamie Dukes can be, I'm really getting fed up with Deion Sanders. "I belieeeve in Eli", "Teeeebow", and dissing the Ravens at every turn. He is making it more and more difficult for me to watch NFLN.
    The NFL Network would be greatly improved by hiring Mason, who is a good communicator, articulate, intelligent, and provides understandable insight into the game.

I tune out the NFL Network except for TNF games and the ocasional NFL Replay of Ravens games. Their only analysts tolerable to me are Faulk and Marriuci. Eisen whispers incessantly, Deion babbles & screeches. La Canfora and Lombadi are pretty decent, though.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    It was time for Mason to hang it up anyway. He had a great career, but Father Time is undefeated. Mason was also way too vocal for a player whose skills had diminished.
    Mason will be 38 on january 17th. Need any more be said? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by RockyMRaven View Post
    I flicked on the TV this morning while still laying in bed and the first thing I see is Deion with Philip Rivers sitting next to him and they are yucking it up about how Houston won't beat the Ravens but if San Diego was playing here Philip Rivers would beat us. I promptly turned the TV off and went back to sleep. Sanders is annoying as hell.. And there is a reason Rivers was sitting on that panel - his team didn't even make the freaking playoffs.

I feel bad for the way Mason got booed when he came back to Baltimore 2x this year. It's hard to see a long time player join up with a rival, especially those yapper Jets. He had some really good years for the Ravens, especially considering a lot of the questionable QB play he had to put up with in the early years, and goes down as one of the better FA acquisitions over the years. Hopefully he has a good post-playing career in TV or radio.

Sent from my DROID2 GLOBAL using Tapatalk

His constant blabbering when he was here.

Assaulting Joe on the sidelines of the Carolina game.

And people are shocked he got booed? Maybe time will give the fans the elixir needed to forget his transgressions.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    I see is Deion with Philip Rivers sitting next to him and they are yucking it up about how Houston won't beat the Ravens but if San Diego was playing here Philip Rivers would beat us.
    I guess by their logic, if the Rams had made the playoffs, they would beat the Saints.

Idiots.

Sounds like he was able to realize that the game had passed him by, and go out on his own terms. Good for him. I'm hoping Ward will be able to take the same hint after this season. I've always liked Mason. I hope he decides to go into TV, especially if it can get someone like Dukes off the screen.