Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: D Mase retired?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

D Mase retired?

http://www.nj.com/jets/index.ssf/201...ason_says.html

Mason was traded to the Texans after the Jets' loss to the Patriots, the team's third straight defeat. The Jets brought him in to replace Jerricho Cotchery, but Mason was slow to learn the playbook and was leapfrogged by rookie Jeremy Kerley. Mason was cut by the Texans after seven games and now says he is retired
    Also says he was the scapegoat in NY and that learning the playbook wasn't the problem because they ran the same offense as the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Re: D Mase retired?

I heard him on SiriusXM, sounds like he was at peace and accepted the game had sped past him.

There really only should be one scapegoat in Jetsland. Sanchez is awful. Until they get a QB who can protect the football better, they will never be able to take that step up to level where the Ravens currently stand.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    There really only should be one scapegoat in Jetsland. Sanchez is awful.
    I think you need to go a bit higher up the food chain to find the real problem in New York.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I think you need to go a bit higher up the food chain to find the real problem in New York.
    Ryan is not the problem. No coach could make that team into a Super Bowl contender with someone that horrifically inaccurate under center.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    Ryan is not the problem. No coach could make that team into a Super Bowl contender with someone that horrifically inaccurate under center.
    That's the guy he choose. Josh Freeman would have been a far better choice but they choose Sanchez.

Mason is great to listen to and did a nice job on NFL Network last month. Did an interview on ESPN podcast too

I'm starting to dislike Heath Evans, get rid of him

Or sack Jamie Dukes, I honestly don't know how he has a job :grbac:

Mason would do a fine job, best of luck in whatever he plans to do

Edit: the face palm icon is called a grbac??? Admin up to some tricks ;)

Blog Entries

Mason wasn't the issue on the Jets. Sanchez can't even throw the ball to Holmes.

Blog Entries

Mase has a job on the NFL Network and on his first show they asked about
    Flacco and Sanchez.

He said there was no comparison. Sanchez is too up and down and Flacco
    as immensely improved. He'd take Joe any day of the week.

He's still fond of his ex-teammates.

Too bad Billick couldn't get him a ring in 06 with McNair
    and a 13-3 record.

10. Re: D Mase retired?

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Mason wasn't the issue on the Jets. Sanchez can't even throw the ball to Holmes.
    :word

Blog Entries

Mason was pretty close to retiring the last few offseasons. When it became clear he's become a depth guy on teams, I think he sees it's time to move on and go into commentating or whatever his next phase is.

At least I hope that's the case. He had a tremendous end of his career with the Ravens, being such a selfless receiver and playing 110%, and I'm willing to give him this year where Ravens made a business decision to go younger/faster and Mason tried going to other playoff level teams. If he tried to come back again, I think he'd toil on the bench and his competitive nature would just lead to him being a locker room problem.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

If Derrick could have accepted that he was was no longer a #1, 2, or even 3 receiver I think he could have had value here in much the same way Hines Ward does in Pittsburgh.