Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: Cam scouting at Houston today..

Watching a game on TV is not all that helpful for a coach. At the game he can watch formations better.

Schaub is much more of a challenge than Yates. We will win!!

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Coaches don't use the TV coverage to game plan.

They all receive something called the "All-22" film. It's shot from high up above ever end zone and shows all 22 players on the field.

But yes, seems odd he wants to go to the game considering he can simply pick up the All-22 and use that.
    My thoughts exactly, but who knows i guess he feels like he can pick up on something by being there in person, im sure the All-22 will be the bulk of his preparation

4. Re: Cam scouting at Houston today..

Quote Originally Posted by RavenMadness View Post
    I am guessing that coaching staff got a couple days off just as the team did... As much as I am not a Cam cheerleader, I am glad he went to see it live... I think the coaching staff will pour over the footage which he can see upon his return.. no loss in going really..
    spot on

Because Ray Lewis is the real defensive coordinator of the Ravens, just like Peyton is the real Coach of the Colts.

6. Re: Cam scouting at Houston today..

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    Because Ray Lewis is the real defensive coordinator of the Ravens, just like Peyton is the real Coach of the Colts.
    Right...... not.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by BleedPurple92 View Post
    Right...... not.
    But you had to LOL a little, right?

8. Re: Cam scouting at Houston today..

Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    But you had to LOL a little, right?
    I loled a lot.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Cam is scouting the defense. Not Andre Johnson or TJ Yates.

http://blogs.baltimoreravens.com/201...live-scouting/

It’s something Cameron has done “quite a few times” when the Ravens have had bye weeks. Baltimore also had a bye week before they played Houston in Week 6 this year.
    “It gives him a feel – watching the game live, scouting the game live,” Head Coach John Harbaugh said. “It’s not so much X’s and O’s as it is a feel for the tempo and things like that.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

11. Re: Cam scouting at Houston today..

My Dad was a high school football coach and when I was a kid we watched a lot of games together. I grew up in Miami so our teams were the Canes and Dolphins. On those rare occasions when our team was getting blown out I couldn't stand it but my Dad kept watching. I asked him once how he could keep watching and he said I'm not watching the game, I'm watching the players. I'm not a Cam supporter but I can I see where he was doing just that. There's probably a lot to observe outside the actual plays or whatever film they get that gives you a feel for how an opponent manages a game.