Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Passing of a Ravens Fan

My condolences - I shall light a candle tonight during my meditations to help guide her toward the Peace she has earned.

iggyman555 Guest

sorry for your loss

Very sorry to hear about your loss. My prayers go out to you and your family.

My deepest condolences Dan

My condolences. I've been married for 30 years and can say I had a special relationship with my mother- in-law, sounds like you did too. I can only believe that you and your wife have a very special relationship too. Your mother- in law sounds like she was a fantastic woman; I wish I could have known her. - Gonz

Thank you all for your kind comments. My wife and i greatly appreciate it.
    Our Mom loved sports, but above all she would do anything for her family. I don't know how many times i heard her say, "I think I'll go see my grandsons play football tomorrow" and get up and leave that very night and drive to Cleveland. Her family always came first. On her last big trip this fall she got to see her youngest grandson play baseball in Cooperstown, and the following week she watched his older brother quarterback his High School football team in Cleveland Browns Stadium. She was something else and she will be missed.

To RavensScallywag -
    I wish i had the courage you and your wife have sir. Know that you and your family are in our thoughts and prayers.
    Twenty years of Cheers.
    Thanks Baltimore Ravens Fans - You're the Best!

God bless you and your family Dan, hopefully the Ravens go all the way for her, she'll have a best seat in the house

Blog Entries

Dan its sounds like you have a lot of great memories of your Mother-in-law. As time passes these memories will bring you great comfort.

My Mom was dying in 2008, Joe's first year with the Ravens. Mom wasn't the most passionate of football fans, but she loved to watch the Ravens and root for them, because her family enjoyed them so much. When she started to drift in and out of consciousness I put a WACCO for FLACCO sign in her room on a bulletin board to remind her a game was coming up this weekend. She would wake up and ask me "Who's Waco Flacco?

Simple things like that you never forget.

As for your Mother in law( and Scally's wife)---as my Irish Grandmother used to say, "God love her ".
    Last edited by ed from Bel Air; 01-08-2012 at 09:49 PM.

I am sorry to hear this thoughts are with your family

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    My wife was diagnosed with colorectal cancer this year and after what seemed like a successful surgery in November, a CT scan in December revealed they didn't catch it in time, as it's starting to grow in her lungs. So they don't have hope of curing it, though they think they can buy her 5 years or more with ongoing chemotherapy. Which is especially tough considering she's just 30 years old and just had a baby in March...
    Scally, I am surely older than you, and have gone through some tough times, but your story broke my heart. Your wife is so young, and you both have a new baby to care for, what a tragedy. In my feeble human way I can only hope for the best outcome for your young family. God bless you all... Bc

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

Scally-
    No answers here, but thoughts and prayers are for you as well as everyone here dealing with challenges like this.

Blog Entries

So sorry to read this Dan. That was a touching tribute you wrote. Robin, you and your family are in my thoughts.

Scally keep up the good fight. Sometimes the doctors don't get it right. Stay positive and enjoy your wife and child every moment of every day.