Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Will the Perception of Matt Ryan Change?

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    I think so. Ryan has been a media darling since before he was drafted. But this year I noticed a change in the national media towards him. Not an overwhelming change but a small change none the less.
    I have noticed it as well. On one hand, they are behind Ryan, with the idea that the Falcons are motivated to get their first playoff victory, under Ryan. However, there has also been discussion about the Falcon's struggles outside of the dome and whether or not Ryan can get it done in the playoffs.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Why do Ravens fans care about the perception of Matt Ryan?

Quote Originally Posted by micadrz400 View Post
    Why do Ravens fans care about the perception of Matt Ryan?
    Because he's inextricably tied to our QB due to being drafted in the same round and year.

Because they have eerily similar stats to date except Joe has fewer receiving weapons, plays better defenses, and does it outdoors, and wins in the playoffs yet for some reason, Ryan is viewed as the better QB. It's gratifying to some of us to see that view shifting as Joe continues to play very well against the best D's in the league.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369181,-76.761186
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Because he's inextricably tied to our QB due to being drafted in the same round and year.

Because they have eerily similar stats to date except Joe has fewer receiving weapons, plays better defenses, and does it outdoors, and wins in the playoffs yet for some reason, Ryan is viewed as the better QB. It's gratifying to some of us to see that view shifting as Joe continues to play very well against the best D's in the league.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369181,-76.761186
    This was very well said.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

That pick six he had in that game was one of the worst passes in NFL playoff history, and much worse than any play Flacco has ever had.

The media build you up just to pull you down

Sure, Ryan has been getting tonnes of positive press since he came to the league

But if Falcons go one and done the media will turn on him
    Their GM mortgaging so much on just one draft selection does not help either

Quote Originally Posted by Irish Raven View Post
    The media build you up just to pull you down

Sure, Ryan has been getting tonnes of positive press since he came to the league

But if Falcons go one and done the media will turn on him
    Their GM mortgaging so much on just one draft selection does not help either
    So what will it take for the media to do a 180 on Flacco?
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Now, we have the opportunity to see if the perception will change.

Watching postgame the answer is no, it hasn't. His name literally has not been mentioned ONE time.

In Atlanta, however, the bloom is finally coming off the rose. I would like to cite a few examples but the board has been crashed for the last hour LOL. But from what I was reading there last night there was pressure on Ryan to play well and step up and the questions were out there about him.

Blog Entries
    Will let you know what my coworkers say or if they give excuses. I think they may roast him

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Dade View Post
    So what will it take for the media to do a 180 on Flacco?
    Win 3 more games.

Then again, the media is only just now starting to warm up to Eli...not surprisingly, since his brother is gone.

So Atlanta went from the #1 seed in the NFC last year to the 5 after throwing those draft picks at Jones?

The GM should take some heat too...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Will let you know what my coworkers say or if they give excuses. I think they may roast him
    Ryan was shutout for heck's sake!

I will be curious to see if the worm turns on Coach Smith too.