Ravens Billboard up for grabs

I was wondering if this topic has already been posted since there seems to be raven fans voting to win the next tempt destiny billboard?

Re: Ravens Billboard up for grabs

What caught my eye was this statement - "The Giants or Saints have never won a SB without a Tempt Destiny billboard." Not sure how to link to the site. Just google it I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by raveneast View Post
    the next tempt destiny billboard?
    Care to explain what that means?
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    Care to explain what that means?
    http://temptdestiny.com/

It sounds like some crazy-assed ploy so an artist can get a commission to put his artwork on a billboard.

In Tampa for Super Bowl 35, there were several full sized billboards with Baltimore Ravens and the logo. It was neat seeing them in a city not named Baltimore. But here? No real need.

I read the website alien bird linked to and it makes even less sense to me now.
    Actual user comment from a yahoo sports article:

On this given sunday you will witnesses why we'll called steeler nation!!!

Quote Originally Posted by raveneast View Post
    What caught my eye was this statement - "The Giants or Saints have never won a SB without a Tempt Destiny billboard." Not sure how to link to the site. Just google it I guess.
    Sorry, RavenEast, but we tend to get suspicious about a commercial enterprise or a scam when someone has two posts in four years, not really about Ravens football. We've seen attempted scams here before, many times. How about we just move this thread to off-topic and you can try again explaining what you want and how there's a Ravens football interest.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Hmm, you guys brought up several points so lets start with why I am not much of a message posting guy. I seldom prefer to make comments. I am more of a doer then a talker. I love to read what other people have to say and leave the comments up to others. That being said, when I came across this billboard thing being offered for free, I say why not? I get a chance to compete against other NFL fans (instead of just talking about them) and in the process possibly win a billboard in support of the Ravens. Now that's what I call doing!

I understand how most talkers may not be inspired to show their loyalty in this way, but I felt its worth a shot. I'll vote for the Ravens if you guys are not able to... I got your back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Boh View Post
    I read the website alien bird linked to and it makes even less sense to me now.
    I hear what you're saying. I thought the same thing too. I've never come across a web site like this before. However, what I do understand about all of this comes from a sentence near the bottom of the home page that reads, "As it turns out, William Jennings Bryan's quote (featured at the top of each page) about destiny was pretty close to the mark. However, what he and I took for granted is that you cannot have choice without the chance of having something to choose from."

Now that I get. Choice and chance are necessary. You cannot have one without the other.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

The Modells paid for the billboards in Tampa for the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    The Modells paid for the billboards in Tampa for the Super Bowl.
    Cool, do you have any photos or links?

NEWS ALERT!

We are now in 1st place to win the Ravens Tempt Destiny billboard!