Americanmade2012 Guest

AFC North can make history this weekend

If Steelers and Bengals win the AFC NORTH will be the first division since realignment to have three teams in the divisional round.

Source; http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...d-card-weekend
    Last edited by Americanmade2012; 01-06-2012 at 06:19 PM.

Blog Entries

Re: AFC North can make history this weekend

That would be cool, but I'd rather have it set up to have the Ravens play at home in the AFCC. I don't see the Bengals beating the Patriots in Foxboro, so I'll be hoping to see the Steelers win two play-off games while we take care of the Texans.

Neat. But like bacchys I would rather a home AFCC. No way Bengals can beat the Pats in NE.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

The Scenario i want to play out is this.

Texans beat Bangels

STEALERS beat Denver

We play Texans and win
    Stealers beat Pats

We play the AFC CHAMP. at Home against the Stealers.

The Stealers are the only team i see beating the Pats.

But the Scenario i see playing out is going to be rough honestly, I see us playing the STEALERS next week and then we have to go to N.E for the AFC CHAMP. Thats one of the toughest play off runs you can have being the number 2 seed.

Blog Entries

I'm more optimistic than you, PeRK. I don't see the Bengals pulling off the upset in Houston. While I don't rule out the Broncos winning at home, I don't think it's likely. I also think Pittsburgh has New England solved and will beat them in Foxboro.

So I think it's quite likely we'll have two home playoff games, and I don't see anybody in the AFC beating the Ravens at home.

I just realied this today at work; if the Steelers beat the Broncos and then the Bengals beat the Texans and Patriots, the Ravens would have the chance to beat two different teams three times in one season. I doubt that has ever been done previously, and would be a really cool record for the Ravens to be the first team ever to accomplish.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    So I think it's quite likely we'll have two home playoff games, and I don't see anybody in the AFC beating the Ravens at home.
    I know a team that came pretty darn close and threw a scare into them. :) :grbac::grbac:

Blog Entries

Sure. There were a few of them.

Had they all been blow-outs I might be worried, because it's not usual for good teams to get blown out. You're usually facing good teams in the playoffs. That the Ravens have shown they can win hard, close fought games at homes bodes well for the playoffs.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Sure. There were a few of them.

Had they all been blow-outs I might be worried, because it's not usual for good teams to get blown out. You're usually facing good teams in the playoffs. That the Ravens have shown they can win hard, close fought games at homes bodes well for the playoffs.
    Agreed. Ravens are hard to beat at the vault. I was watching the Cardinals game going whoa!!!

Blog Entries

CincyCat is bringing it, I see.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I don't know why the Bengals can't beat the Pats. Likely? No, but they have a better shot to beat the Pats than the Broncos do beating Pittsburgh even with a lame QB.

I wouldn't rule it out, the Bengals have enough defense to possibly slow Brady down and enough of a passing attack to shred that horrid secondary. My guess is Belicheat will dial up something new for Dalton, though. It would be interesting, and might just be the case as they have a great shot to beat the Texans.