Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Blog Entries

Re: Leach, Suggs & Ngata are 1st team All-Pros

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Pollard is the real reason why there have been more big plays against this defense than normal.
    He definitely gave up, or was part of giving up, some big plays down the field.

That said, he made a lot of big plays as well in coverage and in run support.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

-Arnold Schwarzenegger

My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com

Blog Entries

Not as many as Troy.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Pollard is the real reason why there have been more big plays against this defense than normal.
    Como se what? I'm going to check the stats but to my eyes, this year's d has been light years better against the big play than the last couple of years.

Further, you're going to have to demonstrate specifically the large number of big plays that Pollard is responsible for giving up.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369059,-76.761175
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Como se what? I'm going to check the stats but to my eyes, this year's d has been light years better against the big play than the last couple of years.

Further, you're going to have to demonstrate specifically the large number of big plays that Pollard is responsible for giving up.

---
    I am here: http://maps.google.com/maps?ll=39.369059,-76.761175
    This year's defense is better, but there have been more big plays given up this year. The first one that jumps out to me is the TD that Jacoby Jones caught when Houston came to town. Last week, there was a short pass that went for a long gain, out of the flat, due to Pollard not communicating properly. There was a big play in Seattle when Pollard abandoned his responsibility and let the back go by him.

I want to be clear. I think that Pollard has been an improvement over Landry. I think that the defense is certainly playing better than last year. The premise of my criticism was Wicked's idea that Bernard Pollard was more deserving of being a First Team All-Pro, over Troy Polamalu. The motive, within my comments, does not go beyond arguing that point.
    "When questioned, the Elders explained that they were in search of magical powers. However, they're actually searching for the whereabouts of a certain ring. This ring is a legendary treasure that long ago was known to exist"

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    Sorry if I take awards that get players into the Hall of Fame so seriously.

I would just like to see who deserve it get it for a change? Guess that is too much to ask.
    LOL nah you're funny cause you're the guy always posting links of other message boards pretty much sound just like you just did.

Just thought the irony was hilarious.

I agree with you though, Palumalu hasn't done much to be named to the all pro team this season. THIS SEASON. I try to catch as many steelers games as i can, i don't see it.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb