Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Re: DeCosta Staying???

Quote Originally Posted by crowtoo View Post
    Now I'd love to hear the same thing about Chuck Pagano. I'm VERY worried he isn't going to be around for long. He has proven this year just how good a Defensive Coordinator he is and hopefully we can retain him for at least a few more years. It's just a matter of time before he is offered a head coaching job somewhere in the NFL.

Chris
    crowtoo@gmail.com
    Clarence Brooks is next man up and will do a superb job as DC. I'm not terribly worried about Pagano potentially leaving.

Blog Entries

Re: DeCosta Staying???

Great news for the Ravens fans. I know that Steve Bisciotti took care of Eric DeCosta last year. Glad to see that loyalty works both ways. This is why the Ravens have always been and remain an elite NFL organization.

Although I am sure that any job with the Ravens brings a pretty large salary with it,let's take a look beyond the pure $$ at the intangibles:
    a-a young and passionate owner who hires good people and allows them to do their jobs
    b-said owner not only stays out of the way,he also provides the best work environment in the league( THE Castle)

Further, how many people (even on the internet) can say that Steve B is a scumbag-aka PA?

All things considered,who would YOU want to work for?

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Dear Steve:

"Profitability is not everything...its the ONLY thing." - Dan Snyder

Signed, "Big" Pete

ps. My box is also available for the Yankees series.
    pps. Again, at a "nominal" fee.
    This exchange is funnier than I thought it would be. Well played, guys.

Quote Originally Posted by GaTechRavens View Post
    This exchange is funnier than I thought it would be. Well played, guys.
    My thoughts exactly lol.

Blog Entries

We have a baseball team?

7. Re: DeCosta Staying???

Right on.. Great news.
    Lardarius "The predator" Webb

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Silver View Post
    We have a baseball team?
    Double A I think, called the Robins. They do have nice digs though!

Great to hear! It's news like this that reminds me just how great of an organization we have. DeCosta = Loyal
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    I don't know why people have even speculated that Ozzie is stepping down. He will only be 56 in March 2012, not old by any means. During his reign, Super Bowl XXXV was won, then came a string of mostly disappointing seasons (under Billick). Now he has a 4 year streak of playoffs, solid drafts, and Jonh Harbaugh. Why would he step down, in what may be a golden era in Ravens history? I wouldn't, would you? ... Bc
    He may want a different job and new challenges. Like being Athletic Director of Alabama, for instance.

DeCosta staying does raise a reasonable concern that he's doing so because Ozzie will be passing the job to him in the not-to-distant future.

If Ozzie wants to go, he's earned it. He's earned the right to step down from this job with applause and respect from the organization and fans. We should also trust that he'd leave us in good hands.

I'm hoping he's not ready to go and DeCosta just loves the air in Baltimore that much...

I'm willing to bet that DeCosta makes more than a good number of GMs in the league.

Have to give props to Biscuit for building an organization with solid personnel. I really appreciate having a great owner like him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenalytics View Post
    I'm willing to bet that DeCosta makes more than a good number of GMs in the league.

Have to give props to Biscuit for building an organization with solid personnel. I really appreciate having a great owner like him.
    I think your right. Bet he got a nice raise just to stay in Baltimore.