Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

DeCosta Staying???

Just got an update on my phone saying that he will not take anymore interviews. Sorry no link. I am sure br.com will have it up soon.

Re: DeCosta Staying???

I saw that on Casey Willet's FB page too. So did he take any already?

Just said on the FAN that he's staying.

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider 13s
    Ozzie Newsome on Eric DeCosta: "He is a most valuable asset and will continue to help us win championships."

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider 34s Ozzie Newsome on Eric DeCosta: "He has chosen to stay with the Ravens, and we're excited that he will."

Aaron Wilson @RavensInsider 4m As expeced, Ravens director of player personnel Eric DeCosta remaining with the organization. He's their general manager in waiting
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

This is the best Ravens news I've heard in quite a while!!! I worry every year about DeCosta leaving for another position with another team. Like the others I feel he is a LARGE part of our success and we need to retain him for as long as possible. He is one of the people I think we really can't replace if he ever goes elsewhere.

Now I'd love to hear the same thing about Chuck Pagano. I'm VERY worried he isn't going to be around for long. He has proven this year just how good a Defensive Coordinator he is and hopefully we can retain him for at least a few more years. It's just a matter of time before he is offered a head coaching job somewhere in the NFL.

Chris
    crowtoo@gmail.com

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crowtoo View Post
    This is the best Ravens news I've heard in quite a while!!!
    crowtoo@gmail.com
    You mean better than winning the AFC North and getting a BYE ? Just kidding crow, I know what you mean :happyanim ... Bc

7. Re: DeCosta Staying???

Quote Originally Posted by crowtoo View Post
    Now I'd love to hear the same thing about Chuck Pagano. I'm VERY worried he isn't going to be around for long. He has proven this year just how good a Defensive Coordinator he is and hopefully we can retain him for at least a few more years. It's just a matter of time before he is offered a head coaching job somewhere in the NFL.

Chris
    crowtoo@gmail.com
    Clarence Brooks is next man up and will do a superb job as DC. I'm not terribly worried about Pagano potentially leaving.

Blog Entries

:happyanim
    "A lot" is a two word expression denoting a great deal or greatly, as in "I like sunshine a lot." "Alot" is a lovable imaginary grammar monster. You can love a lot; you can love an alot; you can love alots a lot; but they are not the same thing.

Blog Entries

Nice.

DeCosta knows what's up.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Of course he is staying. There is no better job being offered.

Quote Originally Posted by Ozzie Newsome
    “Since this franchise started in 1996, we’ve established a strong history of retaining our most important executives, players, coaches and personnel experts,” Newsome said in a statement. “Eric, who has had opportunities to interview with other teams recently and over the years, is another one we want to keep and will keep. He has chosen to stay with the Ravens, and we’re excited that he will. He is a most valuable asset and will continue to help us win championships.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ing-baltimore/
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

WARNING: Idle speculation ahead.

Newsome and Bisciotti always have a plan. Take, for instance, when Savage went to Cleveland. Prior to granting him permission to interview/leave, Bisciotti went to Newsome and said, "Before I let him walk, you need to assure me that you (Newsome) are going to stick around for the long haul." Bisciotti obviously got that assurance and Savage was off to the Browns (unfortunately, for him).

Fast forward, I wonder if Newsome is contemplating stepping down (he's been at it for over 15 years....that is a long time in the NFL). And I wonder if a reverse assurance was provided to DeCosta: "Hang around and we will make it worth your while."

The alternative is that DeCosta just doesn't want to leave the organization and is willing to play second-string to Newsome indefinitely. I am sure there could be very valid personal reasons to make that choice, but not professional ones. Not with the opportunities that were available this off-season.