Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: DeCosta Staying???

Thanks Tony and Brian for great insight into the situation. I really appreciate it.

This is certainly welcome news. Stability is crucial to success in any business. Once again, the Ravens prove what they value.

Quote Originally Posted by PeterB58 View Post
    Dear Steve:

How many regional sports networks and broadcast rights to professional sports teams do you own?

$igned
    "Big" Pete

Dear Steve:

How many regional sports networks and broadcast rights to professional sports teams do you own?

$igned
    "Big" Pete

Dear Pete,

Glad you have all that money. Too bad no one watches your professional sports team anymore.

Good luck in last place next year BTW.

Signed,
    Stevie B. But you can call me Mr. Bischotti.

Maybe he just really likes his job. Maybe he even has no interest in being a general manager. I love my job, what I do and the amount of personal autonomy I get. It would take almost a double in pay to get me to leave and even then, there would other requisites involved.

Quote Originally Posted by StingerNLG View Post
    Dear Pete,

Glad you have all that money. Too bad no one watches your professional sports team anymore.

Good luck in last place next year BTW.

Signed,
    Stevie B. But you can call me Mr. Bischotti.
    Dear Steve:

Isn't having money what it's all about? At least that is what I tell Lou and little Johnny.

By the way, plenty of fans pay me to see baseball at Camden Yards...you can have my luxury box (at a "nominal fee", of course) for the next Red Sox series to see for yourself (I won't be using it).

Signed
    "Big" Pete

This is the best Ravens news I've heard in quite a while!!! I worry every year about DeCosta leaving for another position with another team. Like the others I feel he is a LARGE part of our success and we need to retain him for as long as possible. He is one of the people I think we really can't replace if he ever goes elsewhere.

Now I'd love to hear the same thing about Chuck Pagano. I'm VERY worried he isn't going to be around for long. He has proven this year just how good a Defensive Coordinator he is and hopefully we can retain him for at least a few more years. It's just a matter of time before he is offered a head coaching job somewhere in the NFL.

Chris
    crowtoo@gmail.com

AKA - Ozzie announces retirement plan. Maybe not this year, but soon.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by crowtoo View Post
    This is the best Ravens news I've heard in quite a while!!!
    crowtoo@gmail.com
    You mean better than winning the AFC North and getting a BYE ? Just kidding crow, I know what you mean :happyanim ... Bc

Dear Steve:

Isn't having money what it's all about? At least that is what I tell Lou and little Johnny.

By the way, plenty of fans pay me to see baseball at Camden Yards...you can have my luxury box (at a "nominal fee", of course) for the next Red Sox series to see for yourself (I won't be using it).

Signed
    "Big" Pete
    Dear Pete:

Winning and profitability are not mutually exclusive. Here's the proof:

http://www.forbes.com/2010/07/20/mos..._slide_16.html

Glad to see the value of the O's franchise rose 9% last year, though. One day your team might even be worth half as much as mine.

http://www.bizjournals.com/baltimore...s-to-411m.html

Thanks for the offer, but I'll pass on the Red Sox tickets though - If I wanted to spend an evening surrounded by Sox fans, I'd go to Boston.

Signed, Steve.

Blog Entries

WARNING: Idle speculation ahead.

Newsome and Bisciotti always have a plan. Take, for instance, when Savage went to Cleveland. Prior to granting him permission to interview/leave, Bisciotti went to Newsome and said, "Before I let him walk, you need to assure me that you (Newsome) are going to stick around for the long haul." Bisciotti obviously got that assurance and Savage was off to the Browns (unfortunately, for him).

Fast forward, I wonder if Newsome is contemplating stepping down (he's been at it for over 15 years....that is a long time in the NFL). And I wonder if a reverse assurance was provided to DeCosta: "Hang around and we will make it worth your while."

The alternative is that DeCosta just doesn't want to leave the organization and is willing to play second-string to Newsome indefinitely. I am sure there could be very valid personal reasons to make that choice, but not professional ones. Not with the opportunities that were available this off-season.
    I don't know why people have even speculated that Ozzie is stepping down. He will only be 56 in March 2012, not old by any means. During his reign, Super Bowl XXXV was won, then came a string of mostly disappointing seasons (under Billick). Now he has a 4 year streak of playoffs, solid drafts, and Jonh Harbaugh. Why would he step down, in what may be a golden era in Ravens history? I wouldn't, would you? ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post
    Dear Pete:

Winning and profitability are not mutually exclusive. Here's the proof:

Signed, Steve.
    Dear Steve:

"Profitability is not everything...its the ONLY thing." - Dan Snyder

Signed, "Big" Pete

ps. My box is also available for the Yankees series.
    pps. Again, at a "nominal" fee.