Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Tom Clements may be a legit option now for OC if they decide to switch

If the Ravens decide to go in another direction, Tom Clements may be available now.

Pats offensive coordinator Bill O'Brien accepts position at Penn State.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...to-penn-state/

Tom Clements was really interested in that gig.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Re: Tom Clements may be a legit option now for OC if they decide to switch

The article makes no mention of Tom Clements so who is he?

Blog Entries

Clements is more likely going to be a head coach than an OC.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    He's the Packers QB coach. I think he came in there with McCarthy.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by pslholder96 View Post
    Whaddya live under a rock!? ;)

Tom Clements is the QB's coach for the Packers and has a long history of developing successful QB's, passing games, and overall offense.

When Penn State was looking for a new HC, Clements tossed his name into the pot because he was really interested in taking over the program.

However, myself and several other posters on here, think that Tom Clements could be (or should be) someone on the Ravens' radar if they were to make a coordinator switch at the end of the season, which many also think will happen.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Clements is more likely going to be a head coach than an OC.
    Maybe.

The Packers' OC (Philbin) is getting a lot of interest from the Rams, Dolphins, and Jags, so there is a good chance he leaves at the end of the season and Tom Clements could be promoted to OC there, which would only boost his resume more and allow him to probably put his name in the pot of HC candidates in 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Whaddya live under a rock!? ;)

Tom Clements is the QB's coach for the Packers and has a long history of developing successful QB's, passing games, and overall offense.

When Penn State was looking for a new HC, Clements tossed his name into the pot because he was really interested in taking over the program.

However, myself and several other posters on here, think that Tom Clements could be (or should be) someone on the Ravens' radar if they were to make a coordinator switch at the end of the season, which many also think will happen.
    Yeah shame on me...Would love to see us hire a QB Coach/new offensive coordinator and sounds like Tom Clements fits the bill. Flacco needs one voice.

The only downer in that scenario would be that Clements sounds like the sort of person who, if he came to the Ravens as OC, would have a good year and then be immediately hired away as someone's head coach. Probably by one of our perennially annoying poachers like the Browns or Rams.

Blog Entries

Maybe.

The Packers' OC (Philbin) is getting a lot of interest from the Rams, Dolphins, and Jags, so there is a good chance he leaves at the end of the season and Tom Clements could be promoted to OC there, which would only boost his resume more and allow him to probably put his name in the pot of HC candidates in 2013.
    I was going to ask that question. with their offense a hot topic in the NFL im pretty sure their OC would be in high demand. I think its more likely that he gets promoted to their OC before going straight to HC. typically doesnt happen that way.
    -JAB

Maybe.

If he did come here and make this a successful offense and develop Joe he'd probably have a better shot at getting a prime head coachiing job then continuing to care take a high powered offense in GB.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Carey View Post
    If he did come here and make this a successful offense and develop Joe he'd probably have a better shot at getting a prime head coachiing job then continuing to care take a high powered offense in GB.
    good point, but if he comes here and fails than his HC dreams will probably fade too as having that on his resume is the main reason for interest. safe or take a chance, i guess it depends how confident he is in himself and how much he likes GB.
    -JAB

Blog Entries

Maybe.

Clements has that Andy Reid vibe. Reid also went from the Packers QB coach to head coach without being a coordinator. If you are the Jaguars and you just drafted your QB of the future very high it would make a lot of sense to bring in someone who has developed multiple quarterbacks. Especially since Gene Smith is sticking around as GM. I have a feeling that's going to happen.