Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Out of Town Ravens Fan

I'm coming out of town for the AFC divisionals and am a passionate ravens fan from afar...i wanted to know what the inside scoop was on tailgating prior to games in baltimore; what time? how to go about getting in on the action, etc? any help/info would be great.

GO RAVENS

Re: Out of Town Ravens Fan

Enjoy it. I used the older version of these boards to do the same thing a few years back. Many great tailgates going on. =)

I can't give you any inside scoop, but here are a few suggestions:

- Start around 8 to 9 am

- Do a semi-circle walk around Lots J, H, in the direction of Lots B/C

- Carry a few beers with you so as not to mooch

- Stop by almost any tailgate party & hoist a beer with whomever you meet (note: if she is an unaccompanied hot chick, offer her one of your beers )

- Cross over the Hamburg bridge by 10, turn right at Unitas Statue onto Ravens Walk

- Ignore tailgate parties in Lots B/C -- dull

- Walk the viaduct, follow to the source of the music

- Replenish beer and buy grilled sandwiches at outdoor grills across from the outdoor cafe

- Go into stadium by noon to clear security and watch the pregame activities

In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Check out the "Displaced Raven Nation" page on Facebook.

BS

Blog Entries

A lot of people just walk up and down sharp St near lot H. A lot of vendors selling t shirts and other ravens stuff. Mention your at your first Ravens game and from out of town, people will welcome you. If you get their early enough there is always agood crowd and atmosphere at Cross St Market, a few blocks east of the stadium.

6. Re: Out of Town Ravens Fan

That's great, thanks for the information everyone!

My group is at Lot O (Ostend and Ridgley Streets), Space # 258. You are welcome to stop by and share a toast.
    Captain Offense

Federal Hill, just east of the Parking lots has some pretty crazy Ravens Mania going on as well. Mothers and Cross St. Market are worth seeing at least for a cocktail!

Any suggestions on where to park without a parking pass? Is there any pay parking on game day? I dont mind walking.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiefan View Post
    Any suggestions on where to park without a parking pass? Is there any pay parking on game day? I dont mind walking.
    Hundreds of places to pay-to-park.

http://baltimore.org/maps

Just click the "parking" box on the left of the map.

There are a few cash lots around the stadium. I think the "Closest" (Company name) lot on Ostend is a cash lot. The lot on Stockholm was a cash lot several years ago but I haven't checked that in a while.

You can always attempt to find street parking around Cross Street Market. Just make sure you don't park anywhere there is a sign for Permit Parking only. They monitor them closely during Ravens game. I received a ticket about 10 years ago to prove it.
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

I was at Central Parking yesterday picking up passes for our group at Lot J. The lady handling payment had a large stack of passes for the Texans game, as yet unclaimed by the other season pass owners. She remarked that there would probabaly be many passes available for cash on Sunday.

Suggestion: go to Lot J early, like 8:00 to 8:30 am. Even if you didn't tailgate that early, just to secure a pass for $40. Lot J is as close or closer to the stadium than than most stadium lots, and all private lots. If Lot J is sold out, make a U-turn, double back Warner, and follow the guys waving flags. There are many private lots further from the stadium, all should have availability at that time.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).