Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Re: According to Billick, the 2 teams most likely to make it to the Superbowl...

I think his conclusion is correct about the Ravens in terms of the AFC, even if his analysis is fairly arbitrary and ignores homefield. I am just not sure GB being ranked behind all but the Giants in the NFC isn't a signal that the methodology is somewhat flawed. If I ignore homefield then NO certainly is right there or maybe ahead of GB, but Detroit and Atlanta? Nah. Plus New Orleans AT Green Bay I think could be a problem for New Orleans, if both teams get that far.

Re: According to Billick, the 2 teams most likely to make it to the Superbowl...

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    If Cohwer can lose his job and be such an incredible homer for the Steelers, then why can't Billick? I think the point here is that these are both class franchises, with classy FOs and owners (not an accident they are winning franchises). I am sure Cohwer or Billick were never disrespected by their respective teams.
    Cowher is a MUCH bigger homer than Billick ever was.

I found it interesting that the top two teams in Billick's breakdown were also the top two teams according to CHFF's final 'Quality Stats' rankings for 2011 (second video from the top on the menu to the right of the screen):

http://www.footballnation.com/video/...tain-comeback/

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    That's a great article; I love that kinda stuff
    Can't see where he's coming from
    But I sure like to see that Ray Rice run

Blog Entries

The issue I have with this analysis is that everything is weighted equally. Is offensive pass production really equal to defensive pass defense in todays NFL? You really need different weights for each category because looking at the win totals certain categories are more important factors in winning than others.

A second issue is that we're looking at season rankings even though certain teams significantly changed their personnel because of injuries. Should the Matt Schaub numbers be discounted since he won't be playing for the Texans. How about Mendenhall for the Steelers? I usually love Billick's analysis but I see some flaws in this one.

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Cowher is a MUCH bigger homer than Billick ever was.
    AND, he has so little to offer in analysis. He offers NOTHING to the show but a big HOMER CHIN!

I enjoyed Billick's analysis, but I'm wondering how this type of formula pans out with past playoff teams? I personally don't have the time or energy to put that kind of research into it, however it would be interesting to see the success of the top rated teams of years past, according to Billick's top playoff teams.
    Another thing to consider, is the strength of the teams played, which is big factor into some of the success, or lack thereof, by some of these offenses and defenses.
    For the Ravens, I think this ranking speaks volumes, given the fact that they played some very tough defenses this past season, as well as some offenses which can put points on the board.

To Cowher's defense he did pick the Ravens the beat the Bengals last week. I almost choked on my own spit when he said that but he did.

Billick is also very high on the Steelers most of the time which makes sense after all the games he coached against them. He said yesterday on Mike & Mike (I think) that he doesn't have faith in the Pats being able to beat a team like the Ravens or Steelers.
    I root for the Steelers; I root for their plane to go down.

I'd rather be dead than pessimistic.

Quote Originally Posted by Uli2001 View Post
    If Cohwer can lose his job and be such an incredible homer for the Steelers, then why can't Billick? I think the point here is that these are both class franchises, with classy FOs and owners (not an accident they are winning franchises). I am sure Cohwer or Billick were never disrespected by their respective teams.
    here, here! I can't watch CBS pregame because of the "Chin" I hate him and his bias, with Sports Illustrated running a close 2nd

Gotta say - Billick's analysis lookig pretty good right now