Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Why I'm rooting for the Steelers

The Steelers are the only team outside of the Ravens that can go into NE and beat the Patriots. I will watch the Denver/Pitt game and root against the Steelers out of reflex but will be happy when the Steelers shut the Broncos out and beat them easily.

Hopefully then we get the Texans and the Steelers go to NE. How can a Ravens fan not want to see the Steelers come into M&T for the AFCCG? Seriously could there be a bigger game? Its our chance to win three from the Steelers and exact our revenge. The Steelers are beat up and would come limping into M&T. Hopefully the Ravens have an easier time with Houston in Baltimore and with the bye week, we could be about as healthy as a team could ever be a this point in the season. I tiink it is going to happen.

I still have a spontaneous twitch every time the idea of playing the Steelers comes up. I would prefer to have the Championship Game in Baltimore, even if it means that they face the Steelers again. The Ravens do well at home and this team was built to beat Pittsburgh. To face them in Baltimore is a better feel to make the Super Bowl, even with the trepidation that comes with a third game against the Dark Side.

Although I would want the Ravens to pound the smile off of Brady's face in Foxboro in the Championship Game, I would be concerned about the TE's facing the LB's and the quick strike potential of the Patriots. I am not sure that I would feel any more confident of them going to New England, so if I have to have anxiety, I'd rather it be in Baltimore.

Besides, I have never been to an AFC Championship Game. That is the main reason I want it to be in Baltimore, regardless of who they play. I still remember the feelings of the Denver Game in the 2000 playoffs. I want that experience again (twice).
    Captain Offense

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    I will watch the Denver/Pitt game and root against the Steelers out of reflex but will be happy when the Steelers shut the Broncos out and beat them easily.
    If the Texans beat the Bengals then I will root for the Steelers also, but I can't say I'll be happy to see the Steelers win "easily".

I would much prefer to see the Broncos make the Steelers look like a bunch of chumps and beat them up badly, but then lose by a whisker on a bonehead Tebow fumble or something. If we draw the Texans then I agree I want New England to get Pittsburgh, but I want the Steelers to look as bad as humanly possible going through that scenario. Except that they also beat New England the next week - barely, still looking like lucky chumps, receiving even more injuries - giving us the AFCCG in Baltimore. :)

4. Re: Why I'm rooting for the Steelers

Pittsburgh is already so beaten up, I don't think they have enough personal for more than two playoff games.

If they make it Baltimore, it'll be like playing the walking wounded.

Quote Originally Posted by Galen Sevinne View Post
    How can a Ravens fan not want to see the Steelers come into M&T for the AFCCG?
    If the Ravens played the University of Maryland in order to reach the Super Bowl, I would be fine with that. I'm not interested in revenge or paybacks or beatdowns. I'm interested in seeing the Ravens in the Super Bowl.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    If the Ravens played the University of Maryland in order to reach the Super Bowl, I would be fine with that. I'm not interested in revenge or paybacks or beatdowns. I'm interested in seeing the Ravens in the Super Bowl.
    This.
    I'll be rooting for Texans and Denver, because they are the two teams least likely to be able to beat the Ravens. Then I'll be rooting for a NE loss.

The Ravens are 6-0 against this year's playoff teams. And they will not lose at home. Bring 'em all on! Texans, Broncos or Steelers, doesn't matter, their season ends Jan. 15 at M&T.

And the only possible road opponent is NE. If it comes to that, the Ravens will be capable. Not even an upset IMO, regardless of what the oddsmakers will say.

I actually want Pitt to win [though I am really torn between Cincy and Houston because I have watched Houston slowly build themselves into an AFC North Team [running, defense and not folding up like a baby when a key player gets hurt].

The big question for me in the Pitt game is whether any player from Pitt who kneels after a good defensive play against Tebow will be called for taunting

I think Houston and Pittsburgh win this weekend and that is obviously what we should be rooting for. Pittsburgh and NE will beat the hell out of each other for 4 quarters and whoever is remaining gets to see us after a bye and the Texans. So yes we should all be rooting for PIT for 2 weeks provided HOU wins.

Pit coming into BMore for Afccg and getting worked would allow me to die happy.

Do you guys not realize how awesome a Pitt @ Balt AFC Championship Game would be? I would literally murder people for it. That's what I want.

- C -
    ---------------------------------------------------

www.oblongspheroid.com

A blog about any and everything football.

Twitter: oblong_spheroid

Has any team ever beat 2 other teams three times in one year? If the Steelers beat the Broncos, and the Bengals beat the Texans and Patriots, then the Ravens will have the chance to beat 2 teams 3 times in one season. That would be really cool.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by PrintPropBets View Post
    Pittsburgh is already so beaten up, I don't think they have enough personal for more than two playoff games.

If they make it Baltimore, it'll be like playing the walking wounded.
    Like the Ravens in the 08-09 AFCC. A rookie QB, Mason with one arm, Gaither with one arm, Suggs with one arm. McGahee and Rice coming off injury and still dinged up. Reed playing with his neck injury. I think Heap was nicked up, too.