Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

"Black Monday" - Who gets fired ... (Merged)

Rams fired Spags already. Other guys on the watch are Raheem Morris (Bucs), Jim Caldwell (colts), Norv (Chargers). Already have 3 guys who were fired midseason in KC (Haley), Jags (Del Rio), Miami (Sparano)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Re: "Blank Monday" - Who gets fired today...

Morris and Norv are locks, IMO, to be fired.

Not sure about Caldwell though. For some reason that I cannot put into words, I think he's safe but his staff gets the can.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Not sure about Caldwell though. For some reason that I cannot put into words, I think he's safe but his staff gets the can.
    Caldwell would be a kneejerk reaction, to me. It's pretty obvious now that the Colts are nothing without Manning. But is that on Caldwell, or on the Polians? The word is the Polians really didn't like the 13 game losing streak. Maybe the 2-1 finish pacified them.

Norv might not happen until later in the week, but I can't see him getting saved, unless Rivers pulls a power play and says if Norv goes, so do I.

Morris should've been fired after last week...and then they were behind 45-0 in the 2nd quarter this week. You almost have to laugh at how bad his team has ended up.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Black Monday

How many coaches will be fired today and who is in line to get the next chance?

Jax, Miami and KC already fired their coach mid season. Rams fired Spags this morning: http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...fired-by-rams/

Tampa is likely next, how about Indy?

As an up a coming coordinator, Jay Gruden did a great job this year with Dalton and he has head coach experience in arena league. He'd be a good fit for Tampa.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Black Monday

tampa needs a vet for their next coach. they tried the young coordinator route and it failed for them.

Blog Entries

I wonder if Peyton will have a say in whether or not Caldwell stays.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Rams also fire their GM.
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Jim Caldwell would be #1 on my list. You can't build a team around one 36 year old QB and have no back up plan. Remember when the Pats lost Brady they went 11-5.

Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Indy is the most glaring example of a badly coached team. People have joked for years that Peyton is the coach of that team, calls his own plays, etc, etc. And if you didn't need proof, just look at how horrible that team is without him. Caldwell was handpicked by Dungy and the Colts played along with it, mainly because it saved them face in having to go through the minority hiring process and mainly because they already knew that Peyton could take them to the playoffs regardless of who was standing on the sideline looking semi-interested on game days.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

I don't know about Norv. The players are behind him, and they came on strong the last part of the season. And they aren't firing him today which means they might be considering one more year for him.

If Raheem Morris keeps his job I will be very amazed. He's done nothing for the Bucs.

And while the Jets are not going to fire Rex Ryan, perhaps a Steve Bisciotti-style "Now keep your mouth shut Rex" is in order for him during the offseason.

Blog Entries

I want to see what the Cowboys do. Jerry has been very involved in recent weeks. That usually means it's the end of the line for the head coach.