Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Is it immature of me to hope we play the Denver Broncos next week.....

I may never forget my last experience at a Broncos/Ravens game. One older Ravens fan, in particular, was intoxicated before the game had begun. I figured that I would go to the bathroom before the game began and you could hear the guy yelling, "Hey Elway, you're a bum! Ya hear me Elway?! You were a bum, you're still a bum and you'll always be a bum!".

As for whether or not it is selfish, of course it is selfish. Most wishes that are based in negativity are selfish. It's just whether or not you are comfortable with that.

The easiest way to the Super Bowl will be if someone defeats New England, so that the Ravens can host the AFC Championship game, because the Ravens play their best at home.

So, while one could get a good laugh from Denver defeating Pittsburgh, that would mean that you expect the Bengals to go into Gillette Stadium and defeat the Patriots.

Do you really see that happening?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    So, while one could get a good laugh from Denver defeating Pittsburgh, that would mean that you expect the Bengals to go into Gillette Stadium and defeat the Patriots.

Do you really see that happening?
    Reread Teavo's post above. If the Bengals beat the Texans, they go to NE and the Stealers-Broncos winner comes here. If the Texans beat the Broncos, they come here & the Stealers-Broncos winner goes to NE. Since CIN@HOU will be played before PGH@DEN, Ravens fans can wait until Saturday night to break out the orange & blue or (where's the barfing smiley when you need it?) tar & urine.

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Just so I can yell "ELWAY SUCKS" all over again just like I did on September 11,1983 when that spoiled brat Elway showed up in Baltimore for the first home game in Memeorial Stadium that year?

I have never forgiven him, but I will admit he was one of the top 237 QBs to ever play QB in the NFL. Yeah 237 is about right.
    As much as I hated when Elway made that decision not to play for Baltimore back in 83' I still think he made the right decision for himself. I really doubt Elway would have accompolished anything close to what he did in Denver if he had stayed in Baltimore. Baltimore Colts were in total disarray back then.

Quote Originally Posted by ravenjoe View Post
    Tough! Let Elway "eat cake" then, and go play baseball like he threatened to do - he would've relented and played eventually.
    I believe he could have sat out a year and then re-entered the draft or become a free agent. I'm pretty sure he would have taken that route if available.

Keep in mind that I said I don't blame Elway for what he did. I never said I liked him. :)

It's not childish to root for the Broncos. But it has nothing to do with Elway. It's about hating Pittsburgh.

Quote Originally Posted by laxman63 View Post
    :word And IIRC, Elway never said anything bad about Baltimore, just that he would not play for the Colts because of the situation! Joe Thomas had already torn the team apart and the talent level was low. Elway would have been killed behind the line we had in '82 and '83. He knew Irsay would not spring for better linemen and receivers so why play for the drunk! He did what he needed to do so he could have the best career possible. Didn't blame him then, don't blame him now.

Good call! Elway saw the same thing we saw as season ticket holders.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Reread Teavo's post above. If the Bengals beat the Texans, they go to NE and the Stealers-Broncos winner comes here. If the Texans beat the Broncos, they come here & the Stealers-Broncos winner goes to NE. Since CIN@HOU will be played before PGH@DEN, Ravens fans can wait until Saturday night to break out the orange & blue or (where's the barfing smiley when you need it?) tar & urine.
    I am operating on the basis that Denver would not defeat New England.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by Teavo View Post
    But if the Texans beat the Bengals, then Texans automatically come to M&T next, which means we want to send the toughest opponent to Foxboro, so... OK I am throwing up in my mouth a little but... we root for the... Steelers... to.. OK I need a minute here, hold on. Feeling pukey. Right, so we root for the rapists to win over the Broncos and then go to New England and then... uhhh, not feeling well... (hey what happened to the vomit smiley? I need one here) and then... root for the Steelers to beat the Patriots so we can have home field AFCCG vs. hobbled Steelers rather than a road game vs. Patriots.
    Hilarious! ... and true :grbac:. I can't believe I might have to root for the Steelers twice!

Ex,

If you want to send Pissburgh to Foxboro, then what you need to do is not only root for the rapists to beat the God Squad in Denver, but also for the Texans to beat the Bengals.

I agree that this is the best option for the Ravens.

Blog Entries

Ok I'll root for them to beat NE and show up here for the AFC championship. Denver, if you make it, just remember the words of our famed former police Commissioner Ervin Burrell........."This is Baltimore Gentleman, the gods will not save you."

you know, I just re-read a book I have titled Colts To Ravens. It was written by John Steadman. He was a Baltimore sports writer for years. He wrote a lot about how and what Irsay was like. Man, it's a real eye opener. Irsay was definitely a a-zz hole. I was always kinda of felt the same way about Elway until I read this book. No wonder Elway didn't want to play here. I really don't think it was Baltimore per say, but Irsay.

Quote Originally Posted by ed from Bel Air View Post
    Just so I can yell "ELWAY SUCKS" all over again just like I did on September 11,1983 when that spoiled brat Elway showed up in Baltimore for the first home game in Memeorial Stadium that year?

I have never forgiven him, but I will admit he was one of the top 237 QBs to ever play QB in the NFL. Yeah 237 is about right.
    Bring a bag of PayDAY bars to throw at him. HAHAHA