Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Is it immature of me to hope we play the Denver Broncos next week.....

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I believe that we would still be be rooting for the Baltimore Colts, if Irsay had canned Kush and drafted Elway.
    Acorsi actually drafted Elway. He was in the minority that thought he could flip Elway's father (everyone knows Jack was calling those shots, not John). But on top of Jack not wanting his son here, Irsay wasn't going to pay him $2 million per season or whatever it was he ended up getting from the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by Mista T View Post
    I believe that we would still be be rooting for the Baltimore Colts, if Irsay had canned Kush and drafted Elway.
    No way.

Irsay was already in negotiations with Phoenix by then. The writing was on the wall.

Blog Entries

Not at all.

I'd rather the Ravens play Denver and see the Steelers out of the playoffs. Nothing immature about that. :-)
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

My 2nd favorite team is whoever is playing the Squeelers.

Playing the Broncos here would be an easy win but it would mean that the Bungles play at New England.
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

I think it would be a GREAT idea....I was there chanting "Elway Sucks' along with all of my other rowdy friends!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenboy2003 View Post
    Acorsi actually drafted Elway. He was in the minority that thought he could flip Elway's father (everyone knows Jack was calling those shots, not John). But on top of Jack not wanting his son here, Irsay wasn't going to pay him $2 million per season or whatever it was he ended up getting from the Broncos.
    Acorsi wrote a very good book where he discussed that. It's exactly what you said. Acorsi believed that Elway was a special QB and had to find a way to make it work. He knew that his owner was a flake but being a real football man he just couldn't let go.

Considering how the Ravens have played against "sure wins" this year?......nah, I'll pass on Denver. Bring on the Stoolers! It would give us all GREAT pleasure to usher them outta the playoffs via Pratt St. Perhaps a parade while the bus's roll out? With azz moons lining the sidewalks!

Then....on to NE to press that skirt for TB!
    Superman wears Flacco PJ's to bed!....

Ed. I hated what happened with the Elway thing but I place the blame squarely on Irsay. Once Elway heard what it was like to play in an organization with him at the helm, I can't blame him for wanting to run the other direction.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Lap View Post
    Ed. I hated what happened with the Elway thing but I place the blame squarely on Irsay. Once Elway heard what it was like to play in an organization with him at the helm, I can't blame him for wanting to run the other direction.
    Tough! Let Elway "eat cake" then, and go play baseball like he threatened to do - he would've relented and played eventually.
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton

The decision whether to root for the Broncos is easy because that game occurs after the Bengals @ Texans.

If Bengals beat Texans, then Bengals will go on to play the Patriots, so we root for the Broncos to beat the Steelers and come to M&T the next week. Easy-peasy win for us over the Ponies.

But if the Texans beat the Bengals, then Texans automatically come to M&T next, which means we want to send the toughest opponent to Foxboro, so... OK I am throwing up in my mouth a little but... we root for the... Steelers... to.. OK I need a minute here, hold on. Feeling pukey. Right, so we root for the rapists to win over the Broncos and then go to New England and then... uhhh, not feeling well... (hey what happened to the vomit smiley? I need one here) and then... root for the Steelers to beat the Patriots so we can have home field AFCCG vs. hobbled Steelers rather than a road game vs. Patriots.

Hey mods, please bring back the vomit smileys! :D

Quote Originally Posted by teavo View Post
    the decision whether to root for the broncos is easy because that game occurs after the bengals @ texans.

If bengals beat texans, then bengals will go on to play the patriots, so we root for the broncos to beat the steelers and come to m&t the next week. Easy-peasy win for us over the ponies.

But if the texans beat the bengals, then texans automatically come to m&t next, which means we want to send the toughest opponent to foxboro, so... Ok i am throwing up in my mouth a little but... We root for the... steelers... To.. Ok i need a minute here, hold on. Feeling pukey. Right, so we root for the rapists to win over the broncos and then go to new england and then... Uhhh, not feeling well... (hey what happened to the vomit smiley? I need one here) and then... Root for the steelers To beat the patriots so we can have home field afccg vs. Hobbled steelers rather than a road game vs. Patriots.

Hey mods, please bring back the vomit smileys! :d
    exactly!
    After 5 years of early exits, the journey is finally complete.

If Irsay had simply stayed out of the way, Elway would've signed and the Colts would've still been in Baltimore (there was a realistic chance that Irsay would've sold the team during the 80s).

I still can't stand Elway though because he was and is an arrogant prick.

The SOB will be here next year when Denver visits Baltimore so I'll be chanting 'Elway Sucks' just like I did in September of 1983 when he shat himself at Memorial Stadium.