Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Re: Does Denver have ANY chance vs. Pgh?

In don't see how the Broncos put up many points against the Steelers. Even if they manage to keep it close (which I don't think they will) Ben is still a much better QB and more clutch than Tebow.

Denver does have a good defense and running game. They are at home. The Steelers have not looked very good recently. I do not think they will win, but think they have a decent chance. All any team really needs is a couple of turnovers and Ben on a bad ankle may just give a couple up.

:T2:

I hope I'm wrong, but the Steelers running game could be better with Redman.
    With Mendenhall out, and a minimal scout on him, I imagine people will take Redman lightly and be coming for Roethlisberger...
    As a side nbote, Mendenhall is 4.1 ypc on 220 carries while Redman comes in at a solid 4.4 ypc on 110 carries.

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    I hope I'm wrong, but the Steelers running game could be better with Redman.
    With Mendenhall out, and a minimal scout on him, I imagine people will take Redman lightly and be coming for Roethlisberger...
    As a side nbote, Mendenhall is 4.1 ypc on 220 carries while Redman comes in at a solid 4.4 ypc on 110 carries.
    Fumbles Redman could make a big difference

Blog Entries

Tebow doesn't have to beat them if the Denver D can contain Jen and force him into some mistakes. I like McGahee vs. the Steelers. Their run D hasn't been as stout as years past. If McGahee brings it and Tebow doesn't fuck up. Yeah, they can win at home. It's not like Alex Smith is a world beater and the 49ers managed to whip em.

Did Seattle have a chance against New Orleans last year?

I hope they beat Denver....I would like to play them in Baltimore in the AFC Championship, and at WORST make the Patriots deal with them a week before they see us.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

8. Re: Does Denver have ANY chance vs. Pgh?

Well in all honesty there is a better chance of tim tebow becoming tom brady then tim tebow beating the steelers....if tim can become a passer and use his bunch of sub-par recievers to stretch out the steelers and make troy polimalou a non-factor....and keep those backers of pit away from tim....which they do have the o-line to do so they might have a chance......but in all honesty guys I'm a houston/ denver fan this weekend because if houston wins that means pit has to play the pats

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    Hate to be the voice of doom & gloom, but ...no.

The league has figured out Tebow. Buffalo's D shut him down. Kansas City's D shut him down. Do you really think Pittsburgh's defense will perform worse than those of the Bills and Chiefs? Charlie Batch could win at QB in this game. Dennis Dixon could win at QB. Hell, Tomlin could probably put the equipment manager behind center for a series or two. Pitt doesn't need a lot of offense, 10 points should be enough to win. Broncos are only in the playoffs courtesy of their mediocre AFCW "competitors". Steelers advance to divisional round and will come to M&T next weekend if Cincy wins in Houston. Which, of course, would mean 3 of the 4 AFC finalists would be from the AFCN.

That said, I think I'd prefer drawing Houston next week...
    Denver has coaches, too, and Tebow is a hell of a competitor.

I don't think it's probable that they'll win, but I don't think they can't pull it off. They have a good defense, and their offense is unorthodox enough to give opposing teams problems- call it the Wildcat Effect.

Blog Entries

So much for no chance.
    "What would you give for the man beside you?"

the more plays the broncos make the more big jen limps. big jen is a fiasco.

Shit!!! And I wanted the Ravens to kick Rapistburger's ass in B'more. If Denver keeps it up we won't have that chance...