Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Does Denver have ANY chance vs. Pgh?

I'm looking at Den O vs Pgh D & there's no way I see Tebow doing anything better than atrocious.

Pgh O vs Den D, Pgh has no stud RB right now but they could go 3-4 WR and try to put up 14-21 quick points & dare Tebow to throw & let the D shut the door & run out the clock.

If Den has any chance, they're going to need a few ST big plays, a few Pgh major blunders, or both.

Can anyone make a compelling case for how Pgh loses?

Re: Does Denver have ANY chance vs. Pgh?

I really don't see Pitts O putting up "14-21" quick points on Denvers D. Keeping 2 things in mind....1) It's Denver's D that has been putting them into a position to win games and 2) Pitts D may be ranked high but they've not put any kind of hurt on any serious contenders lately. They struggled to hold onto Cleveland twice in the last 4 weeks and they have some pretty serious injury issues.
    Superman wears Flacco PJ's to bed!....

If Denver can open holes for Willis and Tebow can keep the plays going long enough to keep Pitts. WRs off the field and tire the Pitts. D, they may have a chance. That's not really Tebow's script, but you never know.
    It's in Denver, it will come down to a 65 yd. FG

A few reasons:

• Pittsburgh may have the top overall defense, but they're 8th against the run. Denver has the number 1 rush offense.
    • Pittsburgh has only averaged 10 points a game in Roethlisberger's last three starts
    • Ben is hurt, Mendenhall is out, and Clark is out

That said, I still think it'll be a bit of a stretch for the flying Tebows :)

Blog Entries

it's a joke that they're even in the playoffs....

and then there's Denver ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Americanmade2012 Guest

Pitt is missing their leading tackler Ryan Clark who wont play in the game but I do believe Denver has a chance either way

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    it's a joke that they're even in the playoffs....

and then there's Denver ;)

Although I would absolutely REVEL in the Stools being one and done......well let's just hope for the best!
    Go Ponies!
    Superman wears Flacco PJ's to bed!....

If the way Pitt played at Cleveland last week is any indication, Denver definitely has a chance. Big Ben is nowhere near close to being his usual self right now. If the Denver O can sustain a running game and Tebow can make a few big plays, I could see them pulling it out 13-10, or something along those lines.

That said, I'd be surprised if the Steelers do not find a way to win the game. They usually do.

Blog Entries

It would help Denver's chances if Brian Dawkins plays.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

surprised how everyone seems to agree, don't count the Broncos out. Pigs barely beat the Brownies (by 4 points) and I have to think Denver is better than they, and will have a frenzied playoff home crowd. here's hoping they can keep it close and Tebow one at the end.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)

Yes it is possible, not likely however.

Pittsburgh wins another snoozer of a game 10-6.