Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Re: OK Raven fans I still need your help!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by somedumbguy View Post
    Thank Tebow you didn't listen to me.
    Your analysis was strong and on point!!

Any advice for the next one?? I am leaning. Maybe you can push me over or straighten me up!!!! :) :)

I was very close to winning the whole thing last week!!! I hurt just like you guys when the Ravens game ended. Sorry!!!!!

Blog Entries

Flip a coin?

That's probably works as well as anything. Belechick has lost a couple of games now to the Giants. You know he's going to try something on offense that we haven't seen before. The question is whether that's enough to stop a healthy Giants defense. Eli has been ice under pressure and has a couple of great monster sized targets to throw to. I do see the Giants scoring a lot of points in this one.

If it was me I'd go Giants but the coin flip works to. Good luck!

Me personally, I'd be shocked if the Giants don't win this game.
    I think the book on how to slow down the Patriots offense and limit their scoring has been written by the teams with strong defenses this year.
    If the Giants do on defense what the Ravens, Steelers, etc. did previously then I'm not even too sure this will even be close.
    The Giants probably have the best pass rushing defensive line in the NFL right now to help complicate matters for the Patriots.
    The Giants have the far superior running game then the Patriots have.
    I highly doubt Victor Cruz, Hakeem Nicks or Mario Manningham or gonna drop a sure TD pass in the endzone from Eli if it comes down to this, which I doubt, nor do I think the Patriots have the secondary to cover them.
    Certainly if it were me in your shoes (I was there in 2001 when the Ravens won it all and I won) I would take the Giants with no questions asked.
    We're all amateurs like yourself, but you know as well as everybody else does that's not a Patriots fan that the Patriots shouldn't even be playing in this game.

I hope you win!!
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

I can see why people think the Giants will win. But I have a sinking feeling the Pats will get revenge. Vernon Davis abused the Giants, and I suspect the Pats TEs will go off in this game (assuming Gronkowski isn't really hobbled, which I think will be made clear by middle of next week). The game is in a dome, which I think helps the Pats. The Pats defense (run defense and pass rush) has improved late in the season. I can see the Pats marching slowly, but surely, down the field in small chunks, killing a lot of clock and scoring TDs. Also, though Eli is clutch lately, he is still the more likely QB to have an off day, imo.

Is there any way you can find out what most of the other people are picking before you have to officially pick? It might help you decide (in terms of managing risk). ;)
    Last edited by Haloti92; 01-27-2012 at 08:50 PM.

Blog Entries
    I think the Gmen will win but more importantly....

I hope the Pats lose on the last play of the game due to a clearly blown call. Yes I said it

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    I can see why people think the Giants will win. But I have a sinking feeling the Pats will get revenge. Vernon Davis abused the Giants, and I suspect the Pats TEs will go off in this game (assuming Gronkowski isn't really hobbled, which I think will be made clear by middle of next week). The game is in a dome, which I think helps the Pats. The Pats defense (run defense and pass rush) has improved late in the season. I can see the Pats marching slowly, but surely, down the field in small chunks, killing a lot of clock and scoring TDs. Also, though Eli is clutch lately, he is still the more likely QB to have an off day, imo.

Is there any way you can find out what most of the other people are picking before you have to officially pick? It might help you decide (in terms of managing risk). ;)
    No, i have to have my pick in 2 hours before the game. Shortly after that, everyone's picks are revealed. 9 of the 12 have taken the largest favorite each week of the playoffs. That would lead me to believe that the Patriots will be the selected more. I am guessing 7 to 5 or maybe 8 to 4.

Quote Originally Posted by SteelGirl View Post
    No, i have to have my pick in 2 hours before the game. Shortly after that, everyone's picks are revealed. 9 of the 12 have taken the largest favorite each week of the playoffs. That would lead me to believe that the Patriots will be the selected more. I am guessing 7 to 5 or maybe 8 to 4.
    Well, if it's basically a coinflip in terms of who wins, then maybe pick the Giants since the payoff split would be better (assuming 8-9 of the people will pick the Pats).

I can easily envision either team winning (and what teh game would look like), but my gut/hunch says the Pats win (unfortunately, because I would much rather NYG win).

Let us know who you take though. ;)

Quote Originally Posted by Haloti92 View Post
    Well, if it's basically a coinflip in terms of who wins, then maybe pick the Giants since the payoff split would be better (assuming 8-9 of the people will pick the Pats).

I can easily envision either team winning (and what teh game would look like), but my gut/hunch says the Pats win (unfortunately, because I would much rather NYG win).

Let us know who you take though. ;)
    I will keep you posted!!!!! :) :)

Cool.

You also could hedge and lock in some money if you can find a way to bet on the game. ;)

A reputable bookie (if that isn't an oxymoron) or maybe online or through Vegas, perhaps. Since the Giants are getting points, you could place a bet on the Giants getting the points. You could then pick the Pats in the survival pool. If the Giants win, you don't get anything from pool but you do win money on your separate bet. If the Pats win by more than the spread, you lose whatever you bet but make up for it with the pool money (even if everyone picks the same winner, the split is still good). And...if the Pats win but do not cover the spread (yeah the spread is small but it still could happen, or maybe you 'push' the separate bet), you could win both the bet and the share of the pool. :D

Welp, who did you take, and how does the field break down?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!

Quote Originally Posted by The Fanatic View Post
    Welp, who did you take, and how does the field break down?

Inquiring minds want to know.
    I took the Giants!! The final breakdown was 7 Giants 5 Pats. That was a bit surprising. The pick is worth around 2100. I need a good second half from the Giants!!!!

I took the Giants!! The final breakdown was 7 Giants 5 Pats. That was a bit surprising. The pick is worth around 2100. I need a good second half from the Giants!!!!

Better hope Kevin Gilbride figures out that throwing the ball down field is an option.
    Will Die A Ravens Fan!!