Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: OK Raven fans I still need your help!!!!!!!

I agree the Pats are the safest pick, however most of the 12 will have them. The pick is worth $1240 right now. If the Ravens win and knock out say 8 or so the pick will be worth around $4000. I would love to just pick the winner of the Giants/49ers game and pray for a Raven upset to make me a few bucks!!!!! :) :)

I'd pick the G-men over SF. They are pretty evenly matched on D right now and the run game is working on both sides.

The deciding factor is QB.

Some will say that Brees went there and lost, however the Saints D can't hold a candle to what the Giants have been bringing recently.

What do you guys think of going for broke?? Can the Ravens pull this off?? Is it worth the risk??

Blog Entries
    Steelgirl depending on the Ravens for help... Oh the irony ;)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Pick the Ravens SteelGirl. lol.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Pick the Ravens SteelGirl. lol.
    I am not going to pick the Ravens....LOL.

I want to pick the winner of the other game (NY/SF).

Then I can watch the first game and sort of be able to cheer for the Ravens.

If the Ravens win, I would just need to get the last game right with very few people left in the poll.
    If the Ravens lose, I would still be alive in a 50/50 game to continue advance to the final week.

Obviously there is some risk involved, is it worth it??????

I think it's a smart idea unless a handful of others in your pool get the same idea and reduce the advantage in picking the opposite game.

If you do, I'd go with the 49ers.

Blog Entries

Very very tough week SteelGirl. Much tougher than the others so far. There is no safe pick. If it was me I would like Kyle Cactus go with the 49ers.

They are looking at a ton of rain for SF. The Stick has always been a mess when that happens. The strength of the Giants is their ability to pressure the QB with their front 4. A big running back on a messy field could neutralize that strength. The 49ers could play 2 TE all day and just pound the ball.

It could also take a lot of the speed away from those Giants receivers. The Giants are not a running team despite their backs. Everything is lining up for the 49ers.

There are no guarantees this round. Any pick you make has risks. But if it was me I would take the 49ers and here is why:

-The Giants this week have traved from Green Bay to New York and then out to San Francisco. That is a lot of miles and it has to cut into film and prep time.
    -Everybody is talking up the Giants and Eli but the best player on the field will be Patrick Willis.
    - Alex Smith proved at home last week that he can generate offense at home. Vernon Davis is playing really well and GOre seems healthy.
    - Here is the leap of faith. You are what your record says you are and the Giants record says they are an up and down team. Beating a worthless Falcons team at home proves nothing. The Green Bay win was good, but it does not prepare them for the 49ers defense. Totally different game.

This will be an ugly game, like 16-9 but the deciding factor will be the home field advantage and I am much more comfortable with that pick than any other. I have no idea what will happen in the Ravens Patriots game.

Thanks for all your help!!!!

I AM REALLY A HUGE RAVEN FAN TODAY!!!!!! *uck the Patriots!!!!!

In the poll, there are 11 Patriots and I have chosen the Giants. I went back and forth between the Giants and 49ers but settled on the Giants. I surely hope everyone here is happy after the first game because I sure will be as well.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by SteelGirl View Post

In the poll, there are 11 Patriots and I have chosen the Giants. I went back and forth between the Giants and 49ers but settled on the Giants. I surely hope everyone here is happy after the first game because I sure will be as well.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!
    Thank you SteelGirl.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by SteelGirl View Post

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!!!!!!
    Thank Tebow you didn't listen to me.